Tennis Forum banner

41 - 60 of 98 Posts

·
Look who's back!
32,304 Posts
^ She has also said things like that in the past though, and then it's turned out things are more formal and long term.

·
Banned
1,524 Posts
TO Hell With Karen ANd this Other Dude let get back sergei demekhine

·
Banned
1,093 Posts
Bepa has A New Coach I So Happy she gotta rid of Karen

·
Registered
5,375 Posts
Bepa has A New Coach I So Happy she gotta rid of Karen
I wonder what's going on there, really. I mean, she certainly seems to have gotten rid of Karen, but she's never actually said so. Plus, Alexey Ageev has been her hitting partner/stop gap coach for a long time. I wonder if she's looking to hire someone else, or if she's just going to make a go of it with Alexey for awhile.

·
Banned
1,093 Posts
YES it be great time too get Sergei Demekhine back

·
Registered
5,375 Posts
Yes, Vera, I can easily see now how hiring Karen was so essential that it was worth chasing Sergey off. Totally worth it. :facepalm:

·
Registered
398 Posts
Seems like such a waste indeed :/

On the other hand, if that was all it took for them to split, maybe it wasn't going so well anyways. But I don't think we're gonna hear the full story from Bepa any time soon :p

Anyone knows what Sergey is up to these days? Maybe there's still a possibility of an happy ending to all this :cheer:

Or maybe Alexey is just the one she needs to get her GS, let's hope so :)

·
Registered
5,375 Posts
Seems like such a waste indeed :/

On the other hand, if that was all it took for them to split, maybe it wasn't going so well anyways. But I don't think we're gonna hear the full story from Bepa any time soon :p
I'm sure we will never hear the full story, but IMO it wasn't such a small thing. Generally before you hire a new coach, you should inform the one you already have. :eek: Most anyone with a shred of self-respect would leave. :shrug: As an athlete, I would never have dreamed of doing such a thing, and as a coach, I would have left immediately if one of my students had done it to me. And again, in the sport I grew up in, Karen would have lost his right to coach at any meaningful level for being part of it.

Anyone knows what Sergey is up to these days? Maybe there's still a possibility of an happy ending to all this :cheer:
As far as I know he's not working with anyone, but who knows. :shrug:

Or maybe Alexey is just the one she needs to get her GS, let's hope so :)
Well, they've got a lot of work to do. She is just not playing that well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I didn't know where else to ask this question since i can't create my own thread, and seeing as how it concerns a former coach of Vera's, i figured id post in this thread. Anyways, according to some posts in these 2 threads:
http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=140071
http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=140071
Vera use to date her former coach Lex Carrington. So i was wondering if there was any truth in that or if it was just pure speculation? Seeing as how you never really hear about Vera's dating life, unlike some of the other players on tour, i was just kinda curious about it. So i figured id see if anyone could actually confirm or deny it or whatever...

41 - 60 of 98 Posts