Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pretty good match. Benesova is tiny, but she has a fierce forehand. Mirza played well. She is still just a little green.:)

·
Banned
25,017 Posts
I saw Serena play Benesova at the FO in '04...I didnt see anything special from Iveta...but clearly she's improved?

·
Registered
27,922 Posts
Iveta is not tiny :scratch:

·
Registered
47,518 Posts
Interesting result. Well, well...the famous forehand ain´t getting Sania anywhere just yet.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
E.Dementieva said:
Iveta is not tiny :scratch:
well maybe not tiny, but she is small. Guess I am used watching the bigger players. She is about the size of Justine (without the muscles):D

·
Registered
15,893 Posts
bandabou said:
Interesting result. Well, well...the famous forehand ain´t getting Sania anywhere just yet.
Not an excuse but Sania wasn't 100 % in this match. Iveta must have played well though :)

·
Registered
15,270 Posts
Sania is the tiny one. Were talking smaller than Coetzer imho but with power. Sania is hurt and should rest her legs and ankles.

Better luck next time Sania.:)

GO INDIA!

Reactions: jack daniels

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, I was routing for Sania too. Especially when they said she is the only woman from India to ever win a WTA tournament. Quite an achievement. Sania appears average size to me. Definitely bigger body frame than Benesova, who is petite.

·
Registered
40,091 Posts
Carrying the hope of 1 billions people the shoulder of a very young girl is not easy. It is hard for her to get away from it because there is a big contigent of Indians in North America, and they show up in drove at every match she plays.

At one point, the expectations might be too high compared to what she is currently capabale of delivering. All the major Indian newspapers (and in the diaspora) carry headline about her whenever she plays

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
This is a good thing:).Sania's injury needs time to heal.she shouldn't have been playing anyway.She was taking injury time-outs during the game.When will she ever learn? :(

·
Registered
15,747 Posts
sania :sad: recover for next week!

pitty iveta didnt show up in her doubles match!

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
ozfan44 said:
sania :sad: recover for next week!

pitty iveta didnt show up in her doubles match!
yes,exactly!!but in all fairness,iveta has a real good streak of form at the moment,so no real reason to be ashamed for sania.maybe a rest would definitely not go amiss....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts