Tennis Forum banner

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,310 Posts
Am I missing something, or being slow? What does Groeneveld even mean when he talks about Eurovision in response to Rothenberg?

As for Rothenberg, he's a hack who does this stuff for attention. He knows he's not a real journalist.
I believe Rothenberg has been known to tweet rather feverishly on the subject

·
Registered
496 Posts
I think that we are witnessing huge dive of a tennis as a professional sport.

There are huge inconsistencies, wrong decisions, sometime biased decisions, non transparency and enormous business interests.

It is basically shady corporate world but without real accountability.
Normally mafia jobs are done like that, not such noble sport as tennis like to present itself lol.

So here we are, Tomic is nerd and anti professional player. But who can blame him. His game is ideal for grass but Wimbledon is done as grass tournament for good. Officials are denying obvious and science and math can and are giving contrary facts to their claims.

So who is there to say that Goffin is not eligible to be fined... and fined according to which criteria? We have huge problem in tennis. It is too late to pretend that all is right and ok. It is not. There is systematic corruption on highest level.

I never imagined I would see it dropping so low.

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Am I missing something, or being slow? What does Groeneveld even mean when he talks about Eurovision in response to Rothenberg?

As for Rothenberg, he's a hack who does this stuff for attention. He knows he's not a real journalist.
I believe Rothenberg has been known to tweet rather feverishly on the subject
To give more context to 'feverishly'

https://www.aussievision.net/post/2018/01/02/international-fan-of-the-week-tennis-writer-ben-rothenberg

-----

Meanwhile, what does this even have to do with women's tennis? This was Tomic's flop-ass R1 after all.

·
Registered
5,744 Posts
Rothenberg's tweet is absurd, but that reply by Groeneveld was bad too. I think Rothenberg could find it as a homophobic joke, that's why he banned him.
Homophobic? So only gays watch eurovision? You learn something new everyday.
A lot of. In the past I saw the examples of mocking lgbt people by others using Eurovision contest that's why it was my first thought. I don't know why the ban happened, but Groeneveld's response had to be really painful for him if he banned him without an answer. Maybe Rothenberg did it, because he's just a huge Eurovision fan. For sure it was very childish reply, Groeneveld wrote it like a TF troll member.

·
Registered
16,476 Posts
Soon we will have threads covering what Genie eats for breakfast (with instagram pictures attached) :grin2:
They are probably already there :eek: :facepalm: Every Genie thread has her instagram bikini pics. :spit:

Reactions: Ascanius

·
Registered
27,447 Posts
Why is this on GM? I get that Sven is Sloane's coach, but this literally has nothing to do with women's tennis.
This.
I mean I’m analizing this thread: So a tennis journalist has blocked a tennis coach in twitter. And this is thread worthy because? :unsure:

What’s next? Opening a thread because some random player made a comment on other player’s Instagram?? Oh wait.

·
Premium Member
20,397 Posts
:spit:
Rothenberg and Nguyen are so messy. They want to be seen as professional but usually act like internet trolls. And he should grow a thicker skin. He and Nguyen attack players often (or did). If they can dish it out they should be able to take it.

Also if you watched the match between Djokovic and Goffin it was obviously a combination of Djokovic raising his level and Goffin mentally imploding. Goffin also doesn't have a history of tanking the way Tomic does. He just gets way to down when he plays the big 3.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Eurovision is an embarassment, thankfully they always vote us near the bottom so there's not much follow through in the subsequent days and weeks after, and no where near winning so we don't have that charade being held here. The ridiculousnees of the shameless bloc voting, the cringy hosts and their cringy jokes, the God awful songs and costumes, the awkward brief interactions between hosts and country representatives delivering results with the obligatory annual time delay where they talk over each other, then pause, then talk over each other, then pause, Australia popping up out of nowhere to appear in a European contest and the fans drowing in liberalism from head to toe in fancy dress waving EU flas frantically looking like they've just escpaed from some institution. The whole thing is like Europe is stuck in a timewarp. A liberals wet dream wrapped up in the disguise of a talent show contest. Saving Grace is Graham Norton's irreverent commentary, not quite Wogan but makes it bareable.

·
Premium Member
4,507 Posts
Not that I support Rothenberg in general, but he got a point here. Goffin barely tried after he was broken back in the 1st set.
Tomic lost a best-of-5 match in 58 minutes

Gays and Janowicz
Isn't Janowicz a homophobe too? :rolls:

(If that was the point of this post then my bad I had a cocktail after work)

·
Registered
37,758 Posts
Reactions: bobito

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ben's tweet was dumb but Groenveld responding with a "Stick to the Eurovision" tweet was mean spirited and childish. Ben was entitled to block him if he sees fit. Both things can be true.

·
Registered
11,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
:spit:
Rothenberg and Nguyen are so messy. They want to be seen as professional but usually act like internet trolls. And he should grow a thicker skin. He and Nguyen attack players often (or did). If they can dish it out they should be able to take it.

Also if you watched the match between Djokovic and Goffin it was obviously a combination of Djokovic raising his level and Goffin mentally imploding. Goffin also doesn't have a history of tanking the way Tomic does. He just gets way to down when he plays the big 3.
Good post.

21 - 40 of 58 Posts