Tennis Forum banner
61 - 80 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
34,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
But the votes of the people count more than the jury votes anyway.

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
why couldn`t they give the price to both?

·
Registered
16,198 Posts
that's what I mean with it, the people should have the final dicision if it' s a tie.

But the first 5 are also my first 5 though Justine Henin and Benny Vansteenlandt should be #4 and #5, with Gella Vandecaveye and Stefan Everts moving 2 spots.

·
Registered
34,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Justine should have been in that top 5 as well. I'm sure that had the people voted from the start, Justine would have been in there.
But I also think Gella deserves to be in there. She became world champion again after all. Who would have thought it, after everything she's been through?

·
Registered
529 Posts
I'm happy with the result. Besides the fact that Justine was not on the list of 5 nominates.
Kim will certainly win the throphy in the future. It was the one and only chance to give Rogge a big throphy for all what he has achieved, and he is a great personality.
However, it's strange that the televoters didn't have the last word. The jury gave 7 points for their favourite and the people gave 14 points for their favourite, it seems a contradiction to me.

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Iconoclast said:
Nice to see an elitist jury overrule the callow, uncultured proletariat which tends to be misguided by primitive emotions instead of applying rational thought.

Just contemplate the Nobel Prize for Chemistry awarded via televoting among the commoners.
*laughs*whatever

·
Registered
34,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
but if the people already have two thirds of the votes, it's only normal that the final decision should be the jury's. Otherwise, why bother having a jury in the first place?

·
Team WTAworld, Administrator, aka Nibbler
5,919 Posts
I think this vote was in a way 'fixed'. C'mon, why would a jury of professionals place Kim last out of those 5 finalists? Simple...they knew she would win the televote and therefor gave her only 1 point to make sure she wouldn't win yet another trophy.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
You're right on it, Josh! That whole show was fake.

I have nothing against Rogge winning it. I knew he was a very strong candidate, but if they can't do it in a fair way...

·
Registered
16,198 Posts
maybe...

I didn't understand either why Kim was at #5
I'm sure Domi set Kim in her top3, so there must have been lots of jurymembers who didn't vote for her

At least they didn't have to woke her up now, so she could have a normal sleep :)

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Dominique's top3 was Clijsters, Henin and Rogge (was in "Het Nieuwsblad). She said she wouldn't be able to choose between Kim ans Justine! :)
That's nice, I think. At least she didn't forget about Justine: she really deserved to be in the top5! I don't understand why Kim always seems to get much more appreciation than Justine?! Their achievements are pretty similar!
Lei Clijsters said Rogge was the right winner and that Kim and the whole family really appreciated the support of the people who voted! :D
Let's hope Kim or Justine will win next year!

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
There always people who have to achieve more to get respect then others, no idea why that is. it`s an unfair world sometimes:rolleyes:

·
***** Emeritus
44,665 Posts
I'm glad Rogge won. A belgian elected as president of the IOC doesn't happen every year. And besides he seems to have a great personality...

But I don't really like this type of competitions. You can't compare sports, and all of them must be great personalities, otherwise they wouldn't be the champs that they are...

And why the hell wasn't Sebbe Godfroid in the 15 nominees? :mad: He's the world champion for God's sake....

61 - 80 of 83 Posts