Tennis Forum banner

301 - 317 of 317 Posts

·
Adrenaline junkie
23,027 Posts
Is it just me or US media is completely silent on Belarus? You can't read much about it on CNN for example.
There is simply nothing happening during the week. It's transcended into a local form of weekend getaway, sort of..

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
35,497 Posts
There is simply nothing happening during the week. It's transcended into a local form of weekend getaway, sort of..
When the Belarus government kidnap, torture and possibly kill their own children, at least they can rest assured they will still have your support.

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
Is it just me or US media is completely silent on Belarus? You can't read much about it on CNN for example.
Does the average American even know where Belarus is, let alone its history? And, even if they do, do they care? That's why there's little to see in their media. You saw the American (lack of) reaction when Putin annexed Crimea and invaded eastern Ukraine. Why should this be any different?

It's only those of us in the rest of the world who care about anything which happens outside the USA (or, probably, Israel).

·
Registered
4,015 Posts

·
Adrenaline junkie
23,027 Posts
Does Lukashenka really think he can arrest all the protestors? This is madness.
Doesn't have to be all. Just those without families, who have not much to lose. For those with families there could be other approaches.

·
Adrenaline junkie
23,027 Posts
If this were the 1970s you'd be rooting for Pol Pot.
No, in that conflict I was rooting for Vietnam and Cambodian people. Liberal West and maoists were rooting for bloody Pol Pot.

·
Adrenaline junkie
23,027 Posts
Freaks calming down ( or getting calmed down :lol: ). Life gradually goes back to normal

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
35,497 Posts
Freaks calming down ( or getting calmed down :lol: ). Life gradually goes back to normal
That's because a lot of the "freaks" as you put it, have been imprisoned. If you keep imprisoning protesters until there are none left that is certainly one way to silence them. Jail or kill those who oppose your dictatorship and perhaps you can silence the opposition. I don't suppose very many people would want to live in a country that carries on like that though. Yes, you have made it very clear you don't have an issue with such actions. I wonder how you would feel if the people jailed or killed were friends or family. Then again your friends and family are more likely to be involved in the killing and jailing and repressing so that is probably a silly point on my behalf.

·
Adrenaline junkie
23,027 Posts
Belarus has just joined the 3rd phase of Russian vaccine trials. Some protesters might have volunteered to mitigate the risk of spending time in crowd.

·
Registered
13,091 Posts
Based on what I'm seeing in this thread all of you are reacting to someone who I put on Ignore a long time ago. :ROFLMAO: I encourage you to do the same. Energy best not wasted on the hopeless.

301 - 317 of 317 Posts