Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WOW!

That was some intense drama! :worship:

Ash was so aggressive and strong in the first set, but got a little passive for sets 2 and 3 and started making errors while Kiki was playing so solid!

Could have gone either way....

Kiki :hug:

·
Registered
11,837 Posts
LOL @ Bertens
WD Ash, another PM final

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
17,091 Posts
again a close 3-setterloss.. this is one of these days where it's very tough being a kiki bertens fan. :eek: So close to shenzen. Now its not sure at all. I'm so sad about this. Gonna go back in bed and sleep today.

Reactions: charlie-z and Perun

·
GIMME SHELTER
48,457 Posts
Ash :smooch:
Kiki :hug:

some nice slice rallies, excellent positioning and exploiting the gaps
well done girls

·
Registered
703 Posts
Bertens' choke was even worse than what Kvitova pulled off yesterday. Ash just showed all the unlucky ones how to get into PM final when you are outplayed in QF and SF, yet win both matches. Bertens blew break lead in 3rd set twice, failed to serve out the match and then did not want to convert 2 service points in tiebreak at 5-4 to close the deal, or - perhaps even worse - convert a match point on serve. Weird decision making with so much at stake.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Only caught the last set but great to watch. This makes the European indoor swing really interesting with Svitolina, Bencic and Bertens still vying for the remaining Singapore spots.

·
Registered
9,317 Posts
Tiebreak was 10/10, very high quality and you could see everything on display and the tension was up by a factor of 1000.

What a match. Gutted for Kiki of course, she was sooo good. She played an incredibly steady match in the last two sets with the level that won her Madrid. Ash really started to crack in the third set but could find the serve and FH back on time for the business end of it.

Just a big thump's up for both ladies. :yeah::yeah:

Reactions: charlie-z

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
BT Sport left the match on Kiki's match point to go to their next programme, what a bunch of idiots.

So I missed the end but I see Kiki done some more choking going by the live scoring.

Ash scrapes through by the skin of her teeth :cheer:

Hopefully Wozniacki doesn't spoil the party later, we need a Barty vs Osaka final.

·
Registered
5,063 Posts
ash has made hay against a few chokers this year.( french open, today)

but it takes a very good player to take advantage and she has done so, very well done to her.

i'm not sure how she would rate her performance today, but as usual she won the important points.

kiki, well she will not have a better chance to get to shenzhen than today.

·
Banned
32,000 Posts
Kiki was lucky to make R2.

But still, this loss hurts...

·
Registered
234 Posts
I wish Kiki Bertens won this match. Ashley Barty's relentless backhand slices will give Osaka a lot of trouble if they meet in the final.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts