Tennis Forum banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
8,848 Posts
Kenin was only 1 of 9 on break points, while Svit was 3 for 6.
Svit also hit 13 aces!!!
Kenin missed to many easy mid court shots by going for too much.
In a years time, 20 y/o Kenin will dominate Svit.
She already leads Svitolina in H2H but I am not buying your argument. I think what will happen is that these two will continue to have nail biting matches.

Reactions: ziggy2shus3

·
Registered
8,848 Posts
Do you know what the word shambolic means?
Well she was shambolic at YEC. She only scraped that victory with determination and passion. Elina winning today and Benic losing today, you must be in ruins.

·
Registered
8,848 Posts
All my favourites are doing pulling their weight in hard except for Genie and Sloane.

·
Registered
117,238 Posts
Svitolina/Bertens next. 2 of the more accomplished players to not make a slam final yet
Barty/Kvitova, Svitolina/Bertens and possibly Andreescu/Osaka
might see all of these matches in Shenzhen too

·
Registered
13,389 Posts
Elina almost this due to her passiveness on MPs.

·
Registered
9,336 Posts
Tragic, unnecessary loss for Kenin. She looks mentally and physically spent after a huge breakout year for her. I wish she would take a rest already, but I assume she'll still play Tianjin and Elite Trophy. Will have a much deserved off season, can't wait to see how she does in '20

·
Registered
13,373 Posts
Well she was shambolic at YEC. She only scraped that victory with determination and passion. Elina winning today and Benic losing today, you must be in ruins.
Yes, true. She only won YEC last year because everyone else was a walking zombie.

As long as she doesn't win slams I'm fine.

Here's hoping the likes of Osaka and Andreescu can stop her because Serena won't be around forever.

·
Registered
8,848 Posts
Yes, true. She only won YEC last year because everyone else was a walking zombie.

As long as she doesn't win slams I'm fine.

Here's hoping the likes of Osaka and Andreescu can stop her because Serena won't be around forever.
LOL! You will be wrecked for life if Svitolina wins a GS. She has already broken the QF curse. And no, most players were playing fine last year at YEC. Svitolina herself arrived completely out of form.

·
Premium Member
46,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Do you know what the word shambolic means?
Yes. And that's an aspect of Svitolina's game I like, there's nothing rational with her when she's confident, she'll jump for flat shots or give a defensive squash, will bring the opponent to rallies mid-court, will go down the line or crosscourt, all improvised. That's what makes it entertaining to me. Hence the surprise of this result, that I'm sure you relish 100%. :drool:

·
Registered
355 Posts
Woohoo 48 winners and 13 aces for Svitolina!! The new queen of aggressive tennis.... That thing with her knee might be a blessing in disguise - as she's improvising and being more aggressive!

·
Registered
715 Posts
Did we just witness Elina Svitolina play aggressive tennis :eek:
It's hilarious that her knee injury that affects her movement and forces to abandon pushing in long rallies forced Elina to turn on ball bashing mode in couple matches in Beijing, including R1 vs Sevastova. Mostly defense got her through against Yafan, though. Had no business winning a set in that match, never mind 2 sets. Once she's back to being healthy, I doubt we will see Svitolina this aggressive too often again.

·
Registered
19,483 Posts
Elina fights to get to the Championships :worship:

Remember where she was in the race prior to Wimbledon.

·
Registered
36,801 Posts
Elaine has had such an interesting season: overall it's been kind of underwhelming but she has stepped it up against good players and at big tournaments when people haven't been expecting it. That's a good sign going forward.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts