Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
missing 75% of her first serves and bashing every shot as hard as she can. poor technique combined with no tactical understanding of the game. she plays this game full-time for 15 years and still can't get a tennis ball inside the box, just pathetic. and this girl makes more in 2 years on tour than i make in my entire fucking life and i actually am good at my job. this world is just sad.

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
37,036 Posts
Well done to Kata. Always good to see a player with the smarts it takes to dismantle Ostapenko's brittle game. :yeah: :bounce:

I like Katerina and I'm glad to see her make it through this section of the draw into the final 16. I have really warmed to her this year. That she has become so photogenic it seems like her camera has fallen in love with her, helps. But she has a very smart all court game too.

But the question has to be asked. What on earth was Karo Pliskova doing against Ostapenko in the 1st round? To say that was an embarrassing loss for the number 2 seed doesn't even begin to describe it.

At least Pliskova's loss strengthened Ash Barty's grip on the YE number 1 ranking, so I won't complain. If Karo wants to go AWOL during the Autumn Chinese swing that is her business I suppose.

·
Registered
16,943 Posts
Siniakova plays like she's on a period, you don't know what's going on in her mess up head. 3 days bad 1 day good 2 days bad 3 days good cycles

·
Registered
10,173 Posts
Defeated? That was utter annihilation.

The ultimate Miss curly slayed the pretend curly
Katka was never even taken to deuce, so it was a question of how easily she would win. Very as it so happened.

She always reminds me of a line from Dr. Hibbert: "... too crazy for boy town, too much of a boy for crazy town". Replace "boy" with "girl", and it all fits ;)

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Well done to Kata. Always good to see a player with the smarts it takes to dismantle Ostapenko's brittle game. :yeah: :bounce:

I like Katerina and I'm glad to see her make it through this section of the draw into the final 16. I have really warmed to her this year. That she has become so photogenic it seems like her camera has fallen in love with her, helps. But she has a very smart all court game too.

But the question has to be asked. What on earth was Karo Pliskova doing against Ostapenko in the 1st round? To say that was an embarrassing loss for the number 2 seed doesn't even begin to describe it.

At least Pliskova's loss strengthened Ash Barty's grip on the YE number 1 ranking, so I won't complain. If Karo wants to go AWOL during the Autumn Chinese swing that is her business I suppose.

:SNE: I want to delete the Karo's match with Ostapenko out of my mind, one of the worst matches I watched this year, if not the worst. :eek:h:

Congrats to Katka, she really needs it considering she defends quartefinal here.

·
Registered
19,225 Posts
Refreshing scoreline from Katerina :bounce:

Ostapenko looks more and more like a one tournament wonder though.

·
Registered
8,597 Posts
Ostapenko is now far worse than she was in the year BEFORE she won RG - she finished 2016 at 43 in the world and 2015 she ended the year 79. So like Kasatkina, she is actually manufacturing the worst year/ranking since she became a full time player and gave up juniors. She did have talent once upon a time, winning RG may have been unexpected, but you would have expected her to be doing better than she is now, even if she hadn't. :SNE:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts