Registered
8,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
poor bea :sad:

get better soon bea

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
Bea beat Jill Craybas in Qualifying at Sarasota. Something like 2-6 6-4 6-3.

Go Bea!!

Beat Vento-Kabchi next!!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
Bea took a WC into Amelia Island.

She faces Nicole Pratt in the first round, it's a tough match, but she can do it.

Go Bea!!

:bounce:

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
Bea Lost to Pratt 2-6 7-5 6-0, which is still a good result. She really battled out there for the first two sets, but I wonder what happened in the third.

Still, clay is definitely not suited to Bea, so this is a good scoreline.:)

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bad luck bea. but it was still a good result.

·
Registered
10,386 Posts
She had two BP's at 5-5 in the second set and failed to convert and came right back and got broken at love...she lost a string of games after that before she finally held again...

Both her and Laura wilted in the third set...after having chances in the second...

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i'm starting to wonder whether bea is having some mental problems with closing out matches because even in the challenger events she hasn't bee going that deep into the tournaments and yet she comes and plays a high level wta tournament against a solid top 50 player and compete's really well and has the chances to win but ends up folding.

i'm still happy with the result but i think that is something she still has to work out and if she wants to get ranked up where her current physical game should be then she needs to fix the mental side of things.

but i'm happy that she seems to been gradually moving up the ranks. soon she should be up in the top 200 and then she might get soome better results because she won't need to qualify as much for the challenger events.

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bea just won here first match at the $75k Dothan event 6-1 6-2 over Lastra. she'll now face lee-waters (lindsay took 3 sets to dispose of dabek so i expect bea to win). tough match.

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
What a great win for Bea, very convincing.:D

Good Luck against Lindsay, a very winnable match. :bounce:

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
Bea Bielik defeated 4- Lindsay Lee-Waters 7-5 7-5

Keep up the good work Bea!!

Next up: #6 Akiko Morigami

And the Japs normally like hardcourts.

So, GO BEA!!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
Bea lost to Morigami 6-4 6-1

:mad::mad:

Does anyone know if she made French Qualifying??

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
good win over lee-waters but bea, c'mon on girl you need to win more than 2 matches in a row.

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
Bea is into the top 200 at #192!!

Great Job Bea!!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

She should get into the qualifying for Wimbledon, if she didn't already for Roland Garros!!

And her game should be good on the grass!! :D

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yes first time in the top 200 for her. and it is great that she'll get into the qualies at RG and Wimby. i'm hoping at Wimby she can make a bit of a run like she did at the US open but RG comes first i hope she qualifies.

·
Registered
10,386 Posts
Overall...Bea has been a great disappointment since the USOpen...she better do very well in the next few weeks or her ranking will take a tumble after the Open :sad:

And she is surely not guaranteed another MD WC at the open

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i was saying that she was a dissapointment last year and everyone kept saying give her time.

she's had some decent wins but she hasn't been able to win a haul of matches she wins one or 2 matches and then loses in the next round even if she has beaten a good player. like in the qualies of the family circle cup she beat craybas in round 1 who was the top seed but then she fell to vento (i think) in the next round in straight sets pretty easily. consistency is her biggest problem at the moment. i hope she can get soome points on grass with her big serve.

·
Registered
10,386 Posts
She probably wont be able to get into Surbiton, or any of the main grass events...so that leaves Wimby...

She should have been in the top 150 by now...she has had months to do nothing but add points and hasnt taken advantage :sad:

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
BK, do you know if she made the cut off for French Qualifying, or did she just miss it??

1 - 20 of 55 Posts