Tennis Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GOOD NEWS IF TRUE,
but probably cos she's pulled out toronto that they hope she'll be fit for the USOPEN?

·
I'm so current, I'm tomorrow.
49,309 Posts
There was an AP story that stated she is working with her trainer "in hopes" of being ready to start the US Open. Hopefully another month (give or take) of training and not overdoing the foot, will yield her the ability to play the Open despite the injury.

Of course, if she does play the Open, she'll be seeded at best #26 - and most likely a few notches lower. That means a big gun in the 3rd Round....

I'm just trying to be optimistic that she'll play. Win or lose, she's still my favorite.

·
I'm so current, I'm tomorrow.
49,309 Posts
I agree!! I'm so not ready for her to not play again. If she's healthy enough to do it, I'd like to see her play:

US Open & Philadelphia. Then stop for 2003 and DO NOT play any of those crazy exhibitions. (Much as I'd love to see her play 'em, she needs to rest up for foot). Then come back in 2004 and load up her schedule at the beginning, playing everything she can through the French, skip Wimbledon, and play the Olympics. Win the singles Gold medal and then retire. :)

·
Registered
19,165 Posts
I'm still dreaming of the day she lifts the Wimbledon Champion's Venus Rosewater Dish.

If she retires without one, she can always hold one up in my dreams. :hearts: :)

·
Registered
24,901 Posts
Yes its said she withdrew from the Canadian Open and was hoping to play the US open!

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
I just want Monica to play the US Open if she's ready, then play fall events if she can still make it the the year-end championships and feels healthy. If she can't make it and/or doesn't feel healthy, then I say play one or two fall events to keep her mental health on court. Then REST all during the off season(perhaps playing Fed Cup, but no crazy exhibitions!), and play plenty of events the next year on a much rested foot and much fitter Monica Seles!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts