Tennis Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI
im writing a paper on bjk and was wondering if anyone knows which female player was ranked number one in may 1973 (when riggs beat court) and who was ranked 1 in september 1973 (bjk's match with him). if no one knows, does anyone know where i can find it (on wtatour or anywhere else?)

thanks

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
I am assuming Margaret Court.

·
Premium Member
13,968 Posts
The WTA only established it's weekly ranking system in 1975. But Court was definitely the No 1 player in 1973, winning three of the four slams with BJK winning Wimbledon and Chris Evert the Virginia Slims Championship (the YEC of that time).

·
Registered
13,686 Posts
HI
im writing a paper on bjk and was wondering if anyone knows which female player was ranked number one in may 1973 (when riggs beat court) and who was ranked 1 in september 1973 (bjk's match with him). if no one knows, does anyone know where i can find it (on wtatour or anywhere else?)

thanks
I'm not sure, but i think that first official WTA rank list in history is presented at end of 1975... not before...

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
HI

thanks
Ask on Blast from the Past. I also posted an article about rankings for the 70's (in Fun Articles)-- but it may just give year rankings (there are rankings and match databases). I'll see if I have a tennis mag from then, but I'm sure some "Past" enthusiast has the info memorized TODAY! Those guys and gays are amazing!

http://www.wtaworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59

1 - 8 of 8 Posts