Tennis Forum banner

41 - 60 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
15/1 = 16.00, not 14.00. :geek:

However, I agree with you - his inconsistency has let him down in the past, but this year he was really starting to play well before the tours got suspended. I haven't watched any of the British tournaments because the key matches all seem to be at 3 or 4 am our time, and the early matches are usually featuring players that I'm not really interersted in watching.
I'm definitely a fractions man :p.

Yeah, it's been really good from a British perspective, and the great TV coverage has made it seem like a fairly important event, but I obviously understand a bunch of little known players, many with not a great deal of potential, aren't really going to set the pulses racing for international posters.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
She's played very well the past couple of days in particular. I thought Emma would have been a real banana skin, but it was pretty comfortable, and she was really good today.

Kind of been scarred by the early slam exits and hanging around the 100-110 spots for a while, but it's easy to forget she is currently not too far off her career high, and has a F, SF, and W in her last 5 WTA events (or 6 including the AO). Maybe it'll finally happen.

Emma vs Jodie again tomorrow.

·
Registered
13,859 Posts
I can't believe I didn't know about this until now. 😫 Where is the best place to watch today's matches please?

·
Registered
15,568 Posts
I can't believe I didn't know about this until now. Where is the best place to watch today's matches please?
LTA YouTube if you’re not in UK

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
I can't believe I didn't know about this until now. 😫 Where is the best place to watch today's matches please?
Oh no!

The LTA youtube channel has actually put all the live streams up on their channel though, if you wanted to go through them.

LTA

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Where have you been @Mauriac? o_O

It's been a pretty enjoyable week. I think I did prefer it earlier in the week when it felt a bit fresher and new (although you won't have that issue), and we saw certain match ups for the first time (here), plus there does seem to have been more empahsis on doubles as the week progressed (and I'll never really find men's doubles interesting), but in terms of following it as an actual competition, it should get more interesting in that respect.

I'm not sure how / when they'd fit it in if things return to normal going forward, but I'd like to see something like this every year.

·
Registered
13,859 Posts
BBC iplayer or BBC 601 after the snooker has finished.
Thank you.
LTA YouTube if you’re not in UK

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you - I am in the UK.
Oh no!

The LTA youtube channel has actually put all the live streams up on their channel though, if you wanted to go through them.

LTA
Thank you - I"m spoiled for choice now!

It's been a pretty enjoyable week. I think I did prefer it earlier in the week when it felt a bit fresher and new (although you won't have that issue), and we saw certain match ups for the first time (here), plus there does seem to have been more empahsis on doubles as the week progressed (and I'll never really find men's doubles interesting), but in terms of following it as an actual competition, it should get more interesting in that respect.

I'm not sure how / when they'd fit it in if things return to normal going forward, but I'd like to see something like this every year.
There was no thread in GM and I haven't thought to look in Strawberries and Cream as I didn't think there was anything much going on. 😫 Oh well, at least I can see the business end of the tournament and I'm keen to see how Emma's playing so I'm glad she's still in . 😀 What happened to Jo? Was she really bad or Katie really good (or both?)

Reactions: Paullow

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Thank you.

There was no thread in GM and I haven't thought to look in Strawberries and Cream as I didn't think there was anything much going on. 😫 Oh well, at least I can see the business end of the tournament and I'm keen to see how Emma's playing so I'm glad she's still in . 😀 What happened to Jo? Was she really bad or Katie really good (or both?)
I'm so used to pressing the 'new' speech bubble thing these days.

Did you mean Jodie? Jo turned her match around against Katie and ended up winning a match tie break, but looked rusty early on, and also against Jodie on day 1, who did play well. Jo was looking pretty good in the mixed doubles last night, so hopefully she's getting there. I'd really like to see a Jo vs Heather singles match tomorrow to round things off, but I think the best we'll get is a doubles match involving them.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Exactly what I do! Obviously there are a lot of threads that I don't bother opening, but it's good being able to see threads (such as this) that you didn't know existed because you don't actually go into particular sub-forums.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Exactly what I do! Obviously there are a lot of threads that I don't bother opening, but it's good being able to see threads (such as this) that you didn't know existed because you don't actually go into particular sub-forums.
Yeah, I recently joined another forum with a very similar format and layout, so I got a lot more used to doing it through that. Obviously there's a lot of threads where you'll have limited/no interest, as you say, but it's still good to get a snapshot and not miss anything morr relevant, especially the individual WTA tournament threads when they start to pick up more.

·
Registered
13,859 Posts

Did you mean Jodie? Jo turned her match around against Katie and ended up winning a match tie break, but looked rusty early on, and also against Jodie on day 1, who did play well. Jo was looking pretty good in the mixed doubles last night, so hopefully she's getting there. I'd really like to see a Jo vs Heather singles match tomorrow to round things off, but I think the best we'll get is a doubles match involving them.
Sorry, I meant Jodie. Why didn't Jo play again?

By 'speech bubble thing' do you mean the thing at the top of the page that says 'new'?

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Sorry, I meant Jodie. Why didn't Jo play again?

By 'speech bubble thing' do you mean the thing at the top of the page that says 'new'?
Thank you.

Jo was bad for the 1st set lost 6-2. She lost all 4 service games and only won 4 points on serve including 2 in 1st game. She then lost 2 more service games to go 3-0 done in the 2nd set. At which point this was a cue for improvement (chat with Leon Smith)and she then won 5 games in a row. Although she then lost another service game but then won the 2 tie-breaks. She was a lot better in the mixed doubles yesterday and was getting her 1st serves in. She has fulfilled her commitment in terms of matches played. Maybe there wasn't much point in her playing matches against some of the players in the other group. It will be interesting if she plays on Sunday and if she does hopefully it will be against Heather.

·
Registered
59 Posts
The players seem to be enjoying it although it's hard to see it happening again in normal circumstances. Hopefully it will boost the Davis/Fed Cup teams going forward.

·
Registered
13,859 Posts
Jo was bad for the 1st set lost 6-2. She lost all 4 service games and only won 4 points on serve including 2 in 1st game. She then lost 2 more service games to go 3-0 done in the 2nd set. At which point this was a cue for improvement (chat with Leon Smith)and she then won 5 games in a row. Although she then lost another service game but then won the 2 tie-breaks. She was a lot better in the mixed doubles yesterday and was getting her 1st serves in. She has fulfilled her commitment in terms of matches played. Maybe there wasn't much point in her playing matches against some of the players in the other group. It will be interesting if she plays on Sunday and if she does hopefully it will be against Heather.
Thank you.

I hadn't realised the format when I asked the question about why Jo hadn't played again. I watched Emma's match today and I thought that both played above their ranking. I'm looking forward to the mixed doubles later.

41 - 60 of 80 Posts