Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After Hamburg and Berlin's point drop off
3910-59-433+1+2=3421
and Lindsay has 3304 with her 17th tournament = 1 point

if she had played, she could become #4.......
why didnt she play though?

now Lindsay and Justine are on the even ground
coz Justine has tons of points to defend,
and her seeding @ Berlin/Rome only garranteed
SF whose points will keep her and Lindsay
at similar places..............

so the French Open will be the place for them to fight,
hopefully they'll meet each other @ QF
for the true #4 battle......:)
 

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
Joined
·
7,996 Posts
cause she knows that Justine is better then her and deserves to be higher ranked =P
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,274 Posts
Rtael said:
cause she knows that Justine is better then her and deserves to be higher ranked =P
just remember this when lindsay takes justine's spot....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,420 Posts
Well Justine would have to not play Berlin in order to lose all those points and drop off and Lindsay knows that if she had played Berlin she wouldn't last past the 4th round. And if Justine repeats her win here she has the chance of winning many quality points.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,386 Posts
Lindsay has a great chance to rise in the rankings...before the summer season. She has nothing to defend at Madrid, French, Eastbourne, Wimby. Whether she will end up at #4 is left to be seen...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,755 Posts
Lindsay typically plays only one clay tournament before RG and that is usually Madrid.

I think that's why she chose this time to get married. She usually skips most of the clay season.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,923 Posts
mmcdonald said:
shes too busy gettin some!

shes on her honeymoon remember
LOL! :wavey: I also think that way too ;)
No I mean, Lindsay wanted to be rested for RG and she only wants to play 1 tourney the week before the French. I found it even shockingshe played the family circle cup and AI as well...
She doesn't really care about the rankings, and we all know that before Wimbledon Lindsay will be Nº 4 so what's the rush?

Joaco
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
125 Posts
Lindsay is better than justine why can´t people just get that inside their thick heads......

and why shouldn't lindsay had gotten past the fourth round in berlin, she's played two clay tournies this year and reched the semi finals in charleston and was a runner up in amelia island, AND she hadn't played on clay for THREE years before those tournies.....*in yo face* ;)
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
actually, in safe points leading up to Roland Garros,
Justine is in fact about 200 points behind Lindsay,
 

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
Joined
·
7,996 Posts
BK4ever said:
Lindsay has a great chance to rise in the rankings...before the summer season. She has nothing to defend at Madrid, French, Eastbourne, Wimby. Whether she will end up at #4 is left to be seen...

she may not have anything to defend there, but soon with the amount of tournies she play she will start kicking out some of ehr lower results (17th is 1 point but after she'll start to lose real points =P)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,369 Posts
joaco said:
LOL! :wavey: I also think that way too ;)
No I mean, Lindsay wanted to be rested for RG and she only wants to play 1 tourney the week before the French. I found it even shockingshe played the family circle cup and AI as well...
She doesn't really care about the rankings, and we all know that before Wimbledon Lindsay will be Nº 4 so what's the rush?

Joaco
i highly doubt she will

Justine is the 3rd best player in the world when it comes to clay and 9 times out of 10 she plays like it

she should atleast hold seeding at both Berlin and Rome, and she could make the final at rome if shes opposite Rena

and shes getting better and better on hardcourts
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,369 Posts
its possible

but Lindsay being #5 wont get her past the QF at either of those slams....unless she draws Kim at wimbledon
because i think Justine would beat her on grass
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
mmcdonald said:
its possible

but Lindsay being #5 wont get her past the QF at either of those slams....unless she draws Kim at wimbledon
because i think Justine would beat her on grass
that's the match i wanna see,
former Wimbledon Champ vs
clay/grass specialist....:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,640 Posts
shap_half said:
Well Justine would have to not play Berlin in order to lose all those points and drop off and Lindsay knows that if she had played Berlin she wouldn't last past the 4th round. And if Justine repeats her win here she has the chance of winning many quality points.
you all say lindsay would've only gotten to the 4th round, and justine would've adavanced further than her...

why would you not want Lindsay to do something like that? She is getting the points. As a matter of fact, that is exactly what Kim Clijsters and Justine Henin always do when there is a williams in their draw and have to face them. They get to that certain round and loose, and know the sisters will get to the finals and win/loose and get those quality points.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i dont know why people are calling Justine the fake #4
tell Lindsay to beat Serena on clay.....

Justine is #4 right now for a reason,
and Lindsay will have her "correct" tournaments,
by Wimbledon........

so let's just see who is #4 after Wimbledon
remember that Justine is a clay/grass specialist,
and Lindsay's fav surface is probably hardcourt,
u'll be dead wrong if u think that
Justine will give up her place at #4
as easily as that
 
1 - 20 of 50 Posts
Top