Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
12,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Battle for WTA #1 @ Roland Garros, with 5-6 players in contention. Chart + scenar

Reserved post, for eventual upcoming additional details.

·
EXPRESS YOURSELF
8,141 Posts
Re: Battle for WTA #1 @ Roland Garros, with 5-6 players in contention. Chart + scenar

This is very exciting, I would like Pliskova, but I doubt she would get the same sort of draw she did in Romeß

·
Registered
552 Posts
I cant stand it anymore.. Such a weak top 5 , I mean Pliskova , Osaka , Bertens - they are all good but number 1 should be someone Special .
Henin , Williams , Capriatti, Clijsters , Hingis and many others were so much better than todays top 5...

Reactions: Greco

·
Registered
827 Posts

I cant stand it anymore.. Such a weak top 5 , I mean Pliskova , Osaka , Bertens - they are all good but number 1 should be someone Special .
Henin , Williams , Capriatti, Clijsters , Hingis and many others were so much better than todays top 5...
Osaka is literally as good as you can get out of the current players. She's young, ambitious, has good appeal and star power, and has won 2 Slams in a row, beating very former GS champions in both finals. Sure, she's not consistent but who is? Kvitova would be good but she needs a big win first. So name a better person to be #1. Someone needs to be.

·
Registered
24,266 Posts

If/when Osaka loses early, that would really open things up incredibly. If she makes the QF, it's much less exciting for the #1 race.

·
Registered
5,103 Posts

She'd need an incredibly kind draw, but I'd love Pliskova to win and get #1.

·
Banned
2,413 Posts

Damn Naomi has to make atleast finals to secure it. That's not gonna happen unless she plays her best. But i don't have much hopes on clay :v If she makes it to last 8, i will be happy man lol!
I hope kvitova wins it and brings her consistent form and wins a slam and gets number one!

·
Premium Member
43,991 Posts

Williams is still there and not in today's top 5

which means saying "Henin, Williams, Capriati, Clijsters, Hingis" is only nit-peaking :eek:h:

·
Registered
4,813 Posts

Bertens or Pliskova again ... god help us!

·
Registered
2,601 Posts

If Naomi loses it I hope the player that gets it wins RG. I'm not here for another slamless #1.

·
Registered
34,058 Posts

Osaka, Kvitová, and Kerber are on the level of the players you're mentioning :shrug:. Bertens and Plíšková not so much at this point, but you also had players like Maleeva in the top five at one point…

Reactions: d_b_prince

·
Registered
115,438 Posts

Majors have huge points at the very end so if one of those wins or makes the final, it will be wide open going to Wimbledon. But if those 4 dont get any further than Osaka, she will still be ahead by around 800 points or more

·
Registered
12,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

I'm not here for another slamless #1.
For that to happen it would require:

- Osaka to lose before SF and Pliskova to make the final and lose to someone else other than Kvitova or Bertens.

or

- Osaka to lose before R4 and Bertens to make the final and lose to someone else other than Pliskova, Kvitova or Kerber.

Extremely unlikely. :)

·
Registered
3,010 Posts

For that to happen it would require:

- Osaka to lose before SF and Pliskova to make the final and lose to someone else other than Kvitova or Bertens.

or

- Osaka to lose before R4 and Bertens to make the final and lose to someone else other than Pliskova, Kvitova or Kerber.

Extremely unlikely. :)
You definitely don't watch the WTA :lol: All of these scenarios are not only plausible, but extremely likely. FWIW I think Osaka will hold on to #1 considering all the others need at least a F, and anything can happen in Paris.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Re: Battle for WTA #1 @ Roland Garros, with 5 players in contention. Chart + scenario

If Kerber ends up winning the tournament, is there any way for her to pick up 1 more point and get to 6666? :)

·
Registered
12,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: Battle for WTA #1 @ Roland Garros, with 5 players in contention. Chart + scenario

You definitely don't watch the WTA All of these scenarios are not only plausible, but extremely likely. FWIW I think Osaka will hold on to #1 considering all the others need at least a F, and anything can happen in Paris.
You seem to have problems with common sense or with the language itself, because I see you didn't understand that I catalogued as "extremely unlikely" only those two particular scenarios which I mentioned in the post from above.

Those two ARE unlikely. The others aren't.

Or you don't have anything better to do other than putting words in my mouth, different than those which I used...

If Kerber ends up winning the tournament, is there any way for her to pick up 1 more point and get to 6666? :)
Nope.

·
Registered
16,648 Posts

Osaka will still be #1 after the French Open, even if she loses in R1.
I don't see any of the other challengers making it to the Final.

·
Registered
3,010 Posts

You seem to have problems with common sense or with the language itself, because I see you didn't understand that I catalogued as "extremely unlikely" only those two particular scenarios which I mentioned in the post from above.

Those two ARE unlikely. The others aren't.

Or you don't have anything better to do other than putting words in my mouth, different than those which I used...

Nope.
Oh oops :eek:h: Your post really wasn't clear though.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts