Tennis Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two consummate professionals with all-round games that are great to watch. Anisimova is good too but it’s great to see two girls with complete games full of variety really breaking through.
I saw a few comments about how this is the worst GS Semifinal lineup ever etc but I disagree. I’ve thought Ash and Marketa have looked like GS winners this year and eventually they would break through. This feels like a changing of the guard, hopefully they both make the final, I think it could be an epic match.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
I’d put Bianca Andreescu in with them also, along the same lines as an all court tennis player with some grit... If she wasn’t always constantly injured, she’d be right there also... hopefully she gets those health issues fixed...

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Two consummate professionals with all-round games that are great to watch. Anisimova is good too but it’s great to see two girls with complete games full of variety really breaking through.
I saw a few comments about how this is the worst GS Semifinal lineup ever etc but I disagree. I’ve thought Ash and Marketa have looked like GS winners this year and eventually they would break through. This feels like a changing of the guard, hopefully they both make the final, I think it could be an epic match.
"Complete game" does not apply to Barty, lol.

·
Banned
3,118 Posts
Not for me. Barty is probably the most unappealing in every way. Vondrousova is ok though. I like her aesthetic and game.

Reactions: Naomifandeep

·
Registered
21,926 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Random rg winner comnfirmed!!!...

Reactions: Naomifandeep

·
Registered
115,532 Posts
The best thing to happen was Li Na. Having a player with a style you like make a slam semi doesnt do much for the WTA. They need another star from China.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Not sure about her being all court player...I was watching the Fed Cup match between Vika vs Barty earlier this year and I was just super tired by watching Barty slice almost every ball..I find Barty very boring to watch...I haven't watched Vondrousova enough to comment on her game. Among current teenagers, Bianca is probably the most exciting player to watch for me.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
As much as I appreciate Barty's work ethic, she has no business winning RG, let alone getting this far. WTA is a fucking joke at the moment
Better than Halep and her boring game winning another one. Probably won't win anyway- Konta should be odds on.

·
Registered
29,828 Posts
It's like Schiavone or Bartoli winning slam on replay. So far it's much worse than RG 2008.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts