But Marion, we already blamed him before 😎

·
Registered
11,354 Posts

·
Registered
4,526 Posts
I wouldn't say Zvonareva's statement is exactly support:

I wouldn't criticize him hard, but I would say that maybe he rushed into it too much. Maybe he didn’t take all the measures that he should have taken to avoid such consequences. If you aren't able to provide safety for players, audience, people around, it’s better not to do that.

It’s a complicated situation I’m sure that he tried his best to give opportunities to some players to get back to the court and compete. But maybe some safety measures were not taken properly.

Maybe everyone thought that Serbia and Croatia were ready to have those international events. Maybe their government should have said something like 'We are not yet ready.' Maybe Novak thought that they are fine and everything would be OK. And that was a mistake. Of course it raised a lot of concerns for other events as well
.”

I don't think anyone ever criticized his intention. Just his judgement in thinking this was an appropriate way to run a tournament, at this time.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
I, the great mind of the new millennium, support Djokovic.
Serbia only has about 1 death/day from covid-19 since the middle of May.
Serbia is not northern Italy, Spain, France or The Rotten Apple in the USA all of which had about 30,000 total deaths.
Djokovic's event was very little different than the WTA events in Czech, which the exception of the partying.
If you look at the flashscore.com tennis results, there are several tournaments going on today with about 200 total players.
None of the other tournaments get the mass negativity that Djokovic's little event gets.
Maybe the TF crowd simply doesn't like the party animal....Djokovic.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
I, the great mind of the new millennium, support Djokovic.
Jeepers!
Serbia only has about 1 death/day from covid-19 since the middle of May.
Serbia is not northern Italy, Spain, France or The Rotten Apple in the USA all of which had about 30,000 total deaths.
Djokovic's event was very little different than the WTA events in Czech, which with the exception of the partying.
Of course it was different! The Czech events did not have kids' days, or people flooding around the players, or spectators crammed in together throughout the stadium. And no, the Czech events did NOT have stupid parties!
If you look at the flashscore.com tennis results, there are several tournaments going on today with about 200 total players.
None of the other tournaments get the mass negativity that Djokovic's little event gets.
And do you know why? Most don't have spectators, and they have court officials wearing masks. Those that do have spectators (only the Czech events so far, of those that I've seen) have them spaced out with at least one seat between groups or families, not jammed together.
Maybe the TF crowd simply doesn't like the party animal....Djokovic.
Why should we when he has potentially put the whole of European tennis at risk through his stupidity? I applaud his motives in trying to do something to combat how Covid-19 has affected his country, but I can't possibly defend his actions during and after the two tournaments.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Djokovic is fine, human beings like to blame each other Instead of working together to come up with a current solution because human beings are very stupid creatures

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Jeepers!

Of course it was different! The Czech events did not have kids' days, or people flooding around the players, or spectators crammed in together throughout the stadium. And no, the Czech events did NOT have stupid parties!
The WTA event in Czech had about 80% of the stands full, with people jammed together including the elderly and not a single mask to be seen. This was similar to a Fed Cup event with all the team sitting on the court bench and a lot of hand touching.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
I just watched a video made today from Fremont Street in downtown Las Vegas on YouTube -- life in las vegas
Hundreds of people were jammed together walking up and down Fremont St. About half had masks.
While NY city is still locked down.

·
Milk and honey
3,583 Posts
It's amazing how many times just one person can have the wrong take.

She is right about one thing though, it IS easy to blame him afterwards. Especially with photos like this.
Bowsdown I love when people come with receipts.

To anyone I have spoken to about this that basically spews what Bartoli did, all you have to do is show them those two photos. There's no defence, no excuse and no further comment that can be made regarding whether he messed up big time or not. He did.

Marion continues to embarrass herself on what seems like a weekly basis at this point, although I'm sure I'm just being harsh and it's only monthly.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
The WTA event in Czech had about 80% of the stands full, with people jammed together including the elderly and not a single mask to be seen.
The restrictions in the Czech Republic are far fewer than in Serbia, and had been relaxed well before this event took place. However, there was more spacing in place after that first week because, by then, people had seen what had happened in Belgrade and Zadar.
This was similar to a Fed Cup event with all the team sitting on the court bench and a lot of hand touching.
Yes - because those players have been training together within their own bubble. In case you didn't notice, the groups of players didn't physically interact with each other.

·
Registered
22,074 Posts
Wasn't she supposed to be a (self-appointed) genius ? Maybe her IQ results were accidentally swapped and her real IQ is as high as Yastremska's :D
The irony in this coming from you.......

1 - 20 of 37 Posts