1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
10,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Stanning for Andi
21,296 Posts
I thought that was a given when she announced her pregnancy but it's still sad nonetheless. A fun person both on and off the court.

All of my favourite Czechs from the early-to-mid 1980s generation have retired now: Koukalova, Safarova, Benesova, Strycova, Hlavackova*, Cetkovska. 🙁 Only Hradecka is left and she can barely win back-to-back matches in doubles these days.

*Well, Hlavackova hasn't officially retired but I don't see her coming back.

·
Registered
10,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thought she would have come back post-pregnancy for a farewell tour of sorts a là Azarenka.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Yeah this is really nothing unexpected :D Was hoping she would maybe play some doubles after giving birth but oh well, at least she will play a farewell match

·
Registered
10,711 Posts
I thought that was a given when she announced her pregnancy but it's still sad nonetheless. A fun person both on and off the court.

All of my favourite Czechs from the early-to-mid 1980s generation have retired now: Koukalova, Safarova, Benesova, Strycova, Hlavackova*, Cetkovska. 🙁 Only Hradecka is left and she can barely win back-to-back matches in doubles these days.

*Well, Hlavackova hasn't officially retired but I don't see her coming back.
C'est la vie, but besides the current crop of U-25 chicks like Muchova, Bouzkova or Vondrousova, many more are actually coming up: Linda & Brenda Fruhvirtova, Nikola Bartunkova, Linda Noskova, Darja Vidmanova, etc.

They're worth Czeching out.

·
Registered
6,128 Posts
Barbie :( 2nd saddest retirement after Dementieva's
I will miss this crazy one.

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
37,055 Posts
Glad she eventually picked up a Grand Slam doubles title. Also pleased she finally made a Grand Slam singles semifinal at that same slam. 2019 Wimbledon really was something for her. Amazing that event is still less than two years ago.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts