Tennis Forum banner

2421 - 2440 of 2530 Posts

·
Everything Fades Away
129,396 Posts
What job is it that you have started now ??? I mean, is it similar to what you were doing or is it something new ??? :)
Am an editor, like before, yes, very similar to what I have done before :)
YouTubes, wow, I thought you are rather shy ;)

·
Au Revoir, Amélie !!!
206,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,428
So I work in Wipro, which is an Indian multinational IT company. Wipro has a lot of projects and the project I work now is Nokia.

Nokia is one of the biggest telecom equipment manufacturer in the world. Wipro has got their supply chain and logistics project. I work in their Europe market. Wipro has divided the project into three locations: Kolkata, Chennai (both in India) and Timisoara (Romania). The countries that are handled in Kolkata are Germany, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Czech Republic and the countries within Nordics, Baltics and Benelux (NBB). The countries within NBB are Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia, Belgium, Netherlands and Luxembourg. The total number of customers that are handled for all these countries are 40-45, out of which almost 30-32 customers are entirely of NBB.

Before my promotion, I used to handle all the NBB countries along with 5 other people working in NBB. After my propmotion, I have become the team lead of NBB. Now what I am going to say might sound like I am bragging but I am just stating the fact. I worked very hard and gained a lot of knowledge in SAP, as we have to work in SAP. I have also made a great rapport with all the people that send us the orders to be completed in SAP. These people handle the customers of all the NBB countries and they are situated in Europe, mostly in Hungary, Denmark, Netherlands, Norway, Finland, everywhere. These people have always been extremely happy with my work and always find me very knowledgeable because I have resolved a lot of difficult cases for which they had asked for my help.

Now the day the Wipro management has informed Nokia that I have resigned, all of them have become upset and saddened with the news. These are not my words, this is what they have informed me and my management in their mails. They are so upset with the news that they have even informed the head of NBB, who is in Finland, regarding the situation as they do not want me to leave. Now my management, who never bothered with my resignation before, is now asking me to re-think my decision and they are willing to negotiate with me in order to retain me.

We always have to attend multiple client calls everyday, and in all the calls where the heads of NBB and Europe are present, they always talk to my management about how they have heard from their team (the people in Europe with whom I work) how important and efficient I am to them and how it is going to be a huge loss to them if I leave because the amount of knowledge and dedication and command that I have cannot be found in someone else.

So my resignation has now become a huge drama for both Wipro and Nokia :LOL: :ROFLMAO: :LOL: :ROFLMAO:

·
Devoted Capriati-Ite
183,865 Posts
So I work in Wipro, which is an Indian multinational IT company. Wipro has a lot of projects and the project I work now is Nokia.

Nokia is one of the biggest telecom equipment manufacturer in the world. Wipro has got their supply chain and logistics project. I work in their Europe market. Wipro has divided the project into three locations: Kolkata, Chennai (both in India) and Timisoara (Romania). The countries that are handled in Kolkata are Germany, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Czech Republic and the countries within Nordics, Baltics and Benelux (NBB). The countries within NBB are Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia, Belgium, Netherlands and Luxembourg. The total number of customers that are handled for all these countries are 40-45, out of which almost 30-32 customers are entirely of NBB.

Before my promotion, I used to handle all the NBB countries along with 5 other people working in NBB. After my propmotion, I have become the team lead of NBB. Now what I am going to say might sound like I am bragging but I am just stating the fact. I worked very hard and gained a lot of knowledge in SAP, as we have to work in SAP. I have also made a great rapport with all the people that send us the orders to be completed in SAP. These people handle the customers of all the NBB countries and they are situated in Europe, mostly in Hungary, Denmark, Netherlands, Norway, Finland, everywhere. These people have always been extremely happy with my work and always find me very knowledgeable because I have resolved a lot of difficult cases for which they had asked for my help.

Now the day the Wipro management has informed Nokia that I have resigned, all of them have become upset and saddened with the news. These are not my words, this is what they have informed me and my management in their mails. They are so upset with the news that they have even informed the head of NBB, who is in Finland, regarding the situation as they do not want me to leave. Now my management, who never bothered with my resignation before, is now asking me to re-think my decision and they are willing to negotiate with me in order to retain me.

We always have to attend multiple client calls everyday, and in all the calls where the heads of NBB and Europe are present, they always talk to my management about how they have heard from their team (the people in Europe with whom I work) how important and efficient I am to them and how it is going to be a huge loss to them if I leave because the amount of knowledge and dedication and command that I have cannot be found in someone else.

So my resignation has now become a huge drama for both Wipro and Nokia :LOL: :ROFLMAO: :LOL: :ROFLMAO:
Wow
This puts you in a good place
You can negotiate a new contact with a huge raise and some other concessions like more paid leave, Healtcare, expense account, etc
Ask for the moon, sweetie

·
Au Revoir, Amélie !!!
206,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,430
Wow
This puts you in a good place
You can negotiate a new contact with a huge raise and some other concessions like more paid leave, Healtcare, expense account, etc
Ask for the moon, sweetie
Yeah, I am in a dilemma now of whether to leave or stay in Wipro. I was thinking of withdrawing my resignation, however I think I am not going to ask for a lot of changes.

I have informed them that I want some of my responsibilities to be taken away from me, because I currently have an inhuman amount of responsibilities. I am currently doing the job of three people and I am not exaggerating at all. So it would be good to get rid of some of the responsibilities.

Also, it's time for the annual appraisal. This year the appraisal has been postponed from March because of the COVID-19 situation, so I believe that if I stay then I am gonna get a good raise by default because now the management has understood my value, so I am not gonna ask for a raise.

Regarding paid leaves, I have informed them that I need at least a month off from work. I have decided to take 5 weeks off in July because by then the lockdown period will be over.

I was thinking that if I don't ask for a lot of changes, then my management will be happy with me. And now they already know my value, so when it will be time for another promotion (I am only eligible to get promoted after I have completed 18 months in my current band), then I will have a huge advantage ahead of others because of my value and also my management being happy with me. Because even before everything, they were happy with my work.

·
Devoted Capriati-Ite
183,865 Posts
Yeah, I am in a dilemma now of whether to leave or stay in Wipro. I was thinking of withdrawing my resignation, however I think I am not going to ask for a lot of changes.

I have informed them that I want some of my responsibilities to be taken away from me, because I currently have an inhuman amount of responsibilities. I am currently doing the job of three people and I am not exaggerating at all. So it would be good to get rid of some of the responsibilities.

Also, it's time for the annual appraisal. This year the appraisal has been postponed from March because of the COVID-19 situation, so I believe that if I stay then I am gonna get a good raise by default because now the management has understood my value, so I am not gonna ask for a raise.

Regarding paid leaves, I have informed them that I need at least a month off from work. I have decided to take 5 weeks off in July because by then the lockdown period will be over.

I was thinking that if I don't ask for a lot of changes, then my management will be happy with me. And now they already know my value, so when it will be time for another promotion (I am only eligible to get promoted after I have completed 18 months in my current band), then I will have a huge advantage ahead of others because of my value and also my management being happy with me. Because even before everything, they were happy with my work.
Good
But do not be shy about asking for a big raise
You want them to know that you understand your value and you want them to respect you

·
Au Revoir, Amélie !!!
206,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,432
Good
But do not be shy about asking for a big raise
You want them to know that you understand your value and you want them to respect you
Yup, I will inform them that in the appraisal if the default raise is not upto my par, then it needs to be changed.

·
Everything Fades Away
129,396 Posts
Hope you can get to an agreement Barbie and am not surprised they value you so much, they should have taken more care of you :cool:

·
Lina Esco
46,660 Posts
So after I stop working my current job on 18th of June, my husband (OMG it feels so weird referring to my partner as husband now :oops::LOL:) and I are going to be youtubers. The both of us have always wanted to work independently, however we never managed to make it happen. For the time being he will continue his office job until we start making some decent income from youtube, then he will also going to resign from the job.

We have been thinking of what to do on youtube for a long time. We have got so many different plans on so many different stuff. We have already started doing our researches and stuff on the weekends and will start full time after I stop my office job. We are very excited about the future.
I never have guts to do that, youtube thing

2421 - 2440 of 2530 Posts