Registered
7,355 Posts
sad news
were you Dallas addict?

·
Registered
18,948 Posts
dallas was the shiznit.

it'll be a *really* sad day when the great larry hagman dies.

J.R. Ewing = greatest television villain EVER

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
That was sad to hear.
I was a really big Dallas fan in the 80s, and I was pissed when Barbara left the show for a couple of years and they hired Donna Reed to take over her role. As if anyone else could play Miss Ellie!:mad:
But I guess she won out in the end because Barbara ending up returning to the role. :)

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
moon said:
That was sad to hear.
I was a really big Dallas fan in the 80s, and I was pissed when Barbara left the show for a couple of years and they hired Donna Reed to take over her role. As if anyone else could play Miss Ellie!:mad:
The article I read about her death mentioned that Barbara Bel Geddes left the show of her own accord because she had suffered a massive heart attack. Apparently that was what also caused her to give up smoking.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Donna Reed had been let go before she passed away (they showed all the dirt on some E! special). Apparently, poor Donna was so sad because it was the first time she had been fired from a project... May God bless both her and Barbara (let's hope they're not cat-fighting in the afterlife...).

·
Registered
9,900 Posts
:sad:

·
Registered
12,636 Posts
Aw :sad: Sad news.
Barbara rocked in Vertigo, one of THE best films ever.

·
Registered
736 Posts
SelesFan70 said:
For sure she was fantastic!

I wonder if Helen Lawson knew her? Sally?

Joan, are you covering the funeral?
I'll be at the funeral yes. BBG was a star! I just hope Linda Gray won't be at the funeral. She drinks more than Sue Ellen ever did and if she remembers the "Trout Lips" nickname I gave her, there could be a scene.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts