Tennis Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
shalless said:
It`s an outside bet but I have a feeling that something funny is going to happen at Wimbledon this year...##! I know it`s a huge task but we may see the first genuine Asian (not include pseudo Chinese M Chang).. to win a Slam.!!
Ofcourse still 4-tough matches ahead, but if he can get past Roddick then Paradorn`s confidence may soar even further, then he`ll need to contend with Federer in Semi-Final & probably Agassi in Final...!!
People may laugh at me,. but I just have a vision of the Swashbuckling Thai holding the gold trophy next Sunday... interesting to see how it pans out(@[email protected]).!
Ball is not actually my favourite~ I`ve always followed Agassi`s career, & Hewitt has been inspirational the last few years-# but if the guy from Bangkok Thunder can pull of a Grand Slam title it would transform Men`s tennis & inspire many more Asians^(ofcourse he already has).. but I like to see positive changes in Men`s Tennis. Paradorn winning would be just what the doctor ordered:)>
ps* Fightback against Mutis could be major turning point in his career,. winning those tough 5-setters after 2-0 down helped Pat Rafter & Lleyton Hewitt to win their first GS(s), so I believe it can be the same for Paradorn!!!
Thnak you for supporting Ball. :kiss:
Both players have 1 : 1 head to head record. Ball defeated Andy in Paris last year in 2 tie break set. I watched that match and remember that most of the point were ended with their serve. Both players hit many ace service. I think Ball have a chance to win if he has high percentage of first serve the same as he did in Paris. Ball's ground stroke is a little bit better than Andy IMO. :hearts:

Anyway hope both players give us a great match. :kiss: :kiss:

C'mon Ball. :kiss:
Good luck Andy. :hearts:

·
Registered
4,601 Posts
the real problem for paradorn is to break andy cos andy is serving so well since Queen's and it's almost impossible to return him.if Paradorn breaks him,then i guess his strokes r more balanced than andy's cos andy has a huge forehand but his backhand is quite bad so i guess paradorn can beat him on rallies.anyway i like both of them,i hope paradorn to win but if it's andy,i wouldnt be too much sad.

·
Registered
6,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #24

WIMBLEDON DAY EIGHT
PREVIEW
June 29, 2003

Roddick & Srichaphan Go Toe to Toe
Andy Roddick and Paradorn Srichaphan are both hoping to reach the Wimbledon quarterfinals for the first time.

Andy Roddick is looking to charge into his third Grand Slam quarterfinal from his his past four appearances Monday when he plays Thai shotmaker Paradorn Srichaphan on Centre Court at Wimbledon. The battle between two of the game's heaviest hitters will have the world's most famous tennis court rocking.

Roddick, who reached the Australian Open semifinals in January and the US Open quarterfinals last September, has reached the Wimbledon fourth round for the first time without dropping a set.

Roddick, who won his first grass title at the Stella Artois Championships, is 8-0 on the grass season since teaming with new coach Brad Gilbert. Roddick's fastest serve at 2003 Wimbledon came in at 141mph. During his title run at Queen's he fired a record-equaling 149mph thunderbolt.

Srichaphan saved two match points in the second round against Olivier Mutis, rallying from two sets down for the first time in his career to win 7-5 in the fifth set. He was also pushed to five sets in the opening round by Dominik Hrbaty, but in the third round the Thai defeated Spanish teenager Rafael Nadal in straight sets. Srichaphan is 11-3 career in five-set matches.

Srichaphan is 1-1 in career meetings with Roddick, winning their last match at the BNP Paribas Masters in Paris last year. Last year Srichaphan upset Andre Agassi in the second round at Wimbledon. Earlier this year he became the first Asian player to reach the Top 10 in the ATP Entry Rankings.

With the stakes high, Roddick expects a tough fight against Srichaphan. "He's a big, strong guy," Roddick says. "He's not afraid to go for his shots and he kind of plays with a little bit of a reckless abandon out there. You just have to applaud his good shots and just try to hit your own sometimes."

Roddick says that he's delighted with his on-court and off-court relationship with new coach Brad Gilbert. "Brad and I talk a lot about other sports, kid back and forth. But when it comes down to tennis, he's very serious and he's very precise. We'll talk a lot of nonsense about different things. But when it actually comes to the matches, I don't think he throws a lot of nonsense out there at all.

"We have a lot of the same interests. We're both sports junkies. We're both pretty animated, so it's a good fit."

·
Registered
6,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Lindsayfan said:
paradorn lost,andy was way too strong for him :sad:

good luck in ur next tourney Ball! :)
Congrats to Andy.
I think Ball know how to play Andy and he had so many chances to take a lead (had 4 BP) 3-1 in 3rd set. I would think the match will go either way if he could won that game.

Better luck next time, Ball. We are all proud of you. :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

·
Registered
6,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
After he was defeated by Andy Roddick in the 4th round of Wimby 2003. Ball and his family just came back home today(3 Jul) early morning and I went to welcome back them at the air-port. There are a lot of crowd and media (TV and newspaper) there.

Here are some pics that I've taken.
Have fun.

By the way, This thread is transfered to http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php?

Thank you,
Jiro

Attachments

21 - 28 of 28 Posts