Tennis Forum banner

81 - 100 of 236 Posts

·
Registered
23,831 Posts
Re: Bajin splits with Kiki - free for Angie?

I don't even like Mladenovic but I feel for her here. Good news for her is she's playing pretty well again (on the cusp of the top 40 I think) and should be fine as long as she hires a real coach as a replacement.

Good luck to whoever hires him next :shrug:
My thoughts exactly. She's righted the ship and having a great doubles career. She's back on the rise and makes tons of money, so she can certainly afford him. It really screams of glory hunting especially because (correct me if I'm wrong), they have a friendly relationship that goes back a ways.

·
Registered
5,733 Posts

Did they block an unfollow each other on social media? Sascha still to acknowledge the tweet - 'it was a pleasure working with you blah blah wish you the best in your future endeavours. Work on your serve and mental game'

·
Registered
48,325 Posts

he should always go to someone absolutely new like Danilovic

·
Registered
12,727 Posts

Coaching was mostly in Serbian so I dunno how you could have understood but ok :p
I didn't know he spoke Serbian so I looked him up and it says on Wikipedia that his career prize money was $2045. :lol: He is definitely better as a coach than a player.

·
Registered
61 Posts

The way she wrote that sounds like she did something to make him leave and is now feeling regret :eek:h:
I actually think it sounds like the opposite of that. Like she's the one who's been jilted here, and she's calling him out for looking for something better. She sounds like someone who's outing an ex-boyfriend for possibly looking around at other players while they were still together. You wouldn't normally use a bomb emoji if you're the one who did anything wrong.

At the same time, I think most on here are just looking at the players side of this. As a person with one of the most secure coaching jobs in tennis, Andreescu's coach Sylvain Bruneau, said just a few weeks ago, coaches are always on the ejection seat and are hired to be fired. And this is a man who had just helped her to 17 straight wins, from #252 to #5 in one year, and Bianca looks up to as a second father.

Why shouldn't coaches be trying to get the most money with the best player they can, considering they themselves can be fired at the drop of a hat. Who knows if their coaching beliefs will continue to work, and may only survive for the next few years as the sport and the new generation of players change. American sports coaches found that out years ago, and even basic college football coaches get paid in the millions now, let alone professionals in all of big league sports. The extra money is because they know they will be "messed over" eventually. Coaches are not doing an altruistic job here.

Also, I could easily see that the split with Naomi came basically down to money. He felt he was worth a lot more than he was being offered, gave an ultimatum, and then suddenly the "mysterious" split after her winning the Aussie open. I actually saw this move in the last few days as he and Naomi re-uniting, but considering there are some good openings at the end of the season, he could be trying to get a big salary free agent job, getting people to compete for him like they do in the States. Would not be shocked if three or 4 players expressed interest, and so he made sure people knew he was available. A bidding war for him, would be to his best advantage.

He's not getting his dream job in Andreescu anytime soon, though.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
It would be even juicier if he's freeing himself up for Naomi.
I really hope not. I do think he is a good fit for her, and maybe the year with Mladenovic will have chastened him to slow his roll of media whoring a la Mourataglou, but I really, really want Osaka to win a slam or two without him so we can dispense with this highly odious notion that the (typically male) coach is the guiding light that brings the best out of a player.

·
Registered
5,733 Posts

I actually think it sounds like the opposite of that. Like she's the one who's been jilted here, and she's calling him out for looking for something better. She sounds like someone who's outing an ex-boyfriend for possibly looking around at other players while they were still together. You wouldn't normally use a bomb emoji if you're the one who did anything wrong.

At the same time, I think most on here are just looking at the players side of this. As a person with one of the most secure coaching jobs in tennis, Andreescu's coach Sylvain Bruneau, said just a few weeks ago, coaches are always on the ejection seat and are hired to be fired. And this is a man who had just helped her to 17 straight wins, from #252 to #5 in one year, and Bianca looks up to as a second father.

Why shouldn't coaches be trying to get the most money with the best player they can, considering they themselves can be fired at the drop of a hat. Who knows if their coaching beliefs will continue to work, and may only survive for the next few years as the sport and the new generation of players change. American sports coaches found that out years ago, and even basic college football coaches get paid in the millions now, let alone professionals in all of big league sports. The extra money is because they know they will be "messed over" eventually. Coaches are not doing an altruistic job here.

Also, I could easily see that the split with Naomi came basically down to money. He felt he was worth a lot more than he was being offered, gave an ultimatum, and then suddenly the "mysterious" split after her winning the Aussie open. I actually saw this move in the last few days as he and Naomi re-uniting, but considering there are some good openings at the end of the season, he could be trying to get a big salary free agent job, getting people to compete for him like they do in the States. Would not be shocked if three or 4 players expressed interest, and so he made sure people knew he was available. A bidding war for him, would be to his best advantage.

He's not getting his dream job in Andreescu anytime soon, though.
Osaka said it wasn't about money, Bajin said it wasn't about money - other players, coaches and fans said they saw some tension between Bajin and Osaka during the AO, especially during practice and interviews - now you are saying it was about money. Tell us more.
Next we will have Sylvain demanding a salary above what Tennis Canada offers him, if he didn't already re-negotiate this terms for coaching a champion.

·
Premium Member
3,254 Posts

The Japanese Media shortly after the Split said that "Sascha talked too much". These Asian Families like to keep things for themselves and don't want someone consistently talking to Media.

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
I really hope not. I do think he is a good fit for her, and maybe the year with Mladenovic will have chastened him to slow his roll of media whoring a la Mourataglou, but I really, really want Osaka to win a slam or two without him so we can dispense with this highly odious notion that the (typically male) coach is the guiding light that brings the best out of a player.
You should support Ostapenko, I think she's the only slam winner in recent times who did it while having a female coach.

·
Registered
764 Posts

I'm surprised no one mentioned Iga Swiatek here. She would be a PERFECT match for him - already proven to be very good, but haven't yet achieved anything, so he can take all the credit. What's more, Iga is in the process of terminating her contract with local agency and is rumoured to sign big this year. She already lost her fitness coach because of it, and her main coach doesn't seem sure how long he's staying.

Having said that, hope Sascha is not reading this, and he leaves Iga alone :scared:

·
Registered
10,844 Posts

·
Registered
21,424 Posts

He is going to coach Dayana. I do NOT want that, though.

·
Registered
81,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #99

·
Registered
364 Posts
Think Bajin is testing the waters still finding out still who he wants to settle down with for a more permanent relationship. Think with kasatkina who’s got so much at her disposal, he can tidy her game up, give her discipline so her train of thought will work better so her free flowing tennis will circulate a lot better. Improve her serve albeit actually give her one lol. Feel like he’s wasting his time with basics “look how many winner i can hit” keys and yastremska even though I like her and should go for kasatkina and develop her game big time.

Don’t see the point in him going kerber. She’ll retire probably at the end of next season anyways.. if he goes with daria at least he has the opportunity to stay with her for a while

Kasatkina needs ALOT of work, especially the serve. Too much of a challenge, will either go with a young player with a big game or a proven winner out of form.
I think a lot of people even his detractors would take him more seriously if he was to do big things with kasatkina and make changes BECAUSE of where she’s at at the minute. It’s arguable that he didn’t really do that much with Osaka and more a case that she was more than capable of doing it just by herself.
I actually think her serve is fine. Watch her Wimbledon match against kerber. It’s just a confidence issue. At least bajin would make her go after it again and again and again which is what she needs. he needs someone low profile otherwise it’ll further damage his reputation

81 - 100 of 236 Posts