Tennis Forum banner

61 - 80 of 236 Posts

·
Banned
7,241 Posts
Re: Bajin splits with Kiki - free for Angie?

I guess he had enough of her attitude :eek:h:

Yesterday during the on court coaching he was repeatedly telling her that her balls are too short that she needs to add more depth, and she kept repeating like No, I am doing great, I cannot do anything better, I am perfect, how can I do that when she gets everything back hard

Honestly I laughed :lol:
this, ppl want to bash sascha like he doesn't have the results. kiki was done as a favor because he was close to her family. but as your post shows, if she isn't being professional then why should he sit there and take it? plus the naomi stans come out with more revisionist bs like sascha didn't make her.

·
Registered
873 Posts

If he believed she stood a chance of winning slams under his guidance, he would have stayed, but there's probably a bit more to it than that - maybe she doesn't listen to everything he says or is not implementing his strategy.

Though my best guess is he wanted her to stop playing doubles and concentrate on singles, she's played around 40 doubles matches this year - you compare that to Osaka, who has played the grand total of ZERO.

He didn't get with her to see her expending so much energy and time on doubles tennis, he's a high calibre coach who wants his players to win the singles majors, he needed all the time he could get to work on her game, she didn't give him that.

Either way, there's now next to no chance for Kiki to even make a semi final of a slam let alone a final or win. He was her best hope.

·
Registered
176 Posts

Sachin will finish this season with Kiki.
Naomi's Dad will coach her for the rest of this season.
Coincidence? Perhaps, but still ...

·
Registered
3,517 Posts

I'm very confused how the hell "glory hunter" can be used as a criticism for a professional coach. Like..duh, he should want to be with players winning grand slams, not someone of Mladenovic's level. It was dumb of him to take her on to begin with but maybe he wanted the income in the meantime.
This. Who wouldn't want a big success? He obviously made it a couple of times and he should go for more. He surely will get bigger bonus to help the likes of Keys or Kenin win GS.

·
Registered
751 Posts

What were Kikis results with him???

·
Registered
616 Posts

this, ppl want to bash sascha like he doesn't have the results. kiki was done as a favor because he was close to her family. but as your post shows, if she isn't being professional then why should he sit there and take it? plus the naomi stans come out with more revisionist bs like sascha didn't make her.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts

This. Who wouldn't want a big success? He obviously made it a couple of times and he should go for more. He surely will get bigger bonus to help the likes of Keys or Kenin win GS.
TBH Keys is no better than Mladenovic. She only wants to play one way, doesn't listen, and then gets weepy when her opponent doesn't cooperate with her game plan.

Kenin, I don't know. I just don't see it but who knows?

·
Registered
873 Posts

She was ranked near 70 when Bajin came.

Now she's ranked near 40 — just about where her level belongs.

Pushing beyond this amounts trying to be Jesus and perform miracles.

Considering she has a career high rank of 10th and was inside the Top 20 for 18 whole months between March 17-April 18, that post makes no sense, if she just givens up being a doubles player and fully concentrates on being a singles player she might get back into the top 10 and stay there. Most top players don't do both full time.

·
Registered
10,830 Posts

Considering she has a career high rank of 10th and was inside the Top 20 for 18 whole months between March 17-April 18, that post makes no sense, if she just givens up being a doubles player and fully concentrates on being a singles player she might get back into the top 10 and stay there. Most top players don't do both full time.
She infamously broke into the top 10 in the midst of a 15 match losing streak , it was utterly bizarre.

·
Registered
873 Posts

yes I remember the furore of how was this allowed to happen, change the rankings stystem etc but she had made 5 finals in the previous 12 months.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Think Bajin is testing the waters still finding out still who he wants to settle down with for a more permanent relationship. Think with kasatkina who’s got so much at her disposal, he can tidy her game up, give her discipline so her train of thought will work better so her free flowing tennis will circulate a lot better. Improve her serve albeit actually give her one lol. Feel like he’s wasting his time with basics “look how many winner i can hit” keys and yastremska even though I like her and should go for kasatkina and develop her game big time.

Don’t see the point in him going kerber. She’ll retire probably at the end of next season anyways.. if he goes with daria at least he has the opportunity to stay with her for a while

·
Registered
10,830 Posts

Think Bajin is testing the waters still finding out still who he wants to settle down with for a more permanent relationship. Think with kasatkina who’s got so much at her disposal, he can tidy her game up, give her discipline so her train of thought will work better so her free flowing tennis will circulate a lot better. Improve her serve albeit actually give her one lol. Feel like he’s wasting his time with basics “look how many winner i can hit” keys and yastremska even though I like her and should go for kasatkina and develop her game big time.

Don’t see the point in him going kerber. She’ll retire probably at the end of next season anyways.. if he goes with daria at least he has the opportunity to stay with her for a while

Kasatkina needs ALOT of work, especially the serve. Too much of a challenge, will either go with a young player with a big game or a proven winner out of form.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts

The way she wrote that sounds like she did something to make him leave and is now feeling regret :eek:h:

·
Registered
1,442 Posts

TBH Keys is no better than Mladenovic. She only wants to play one way, doesn't listen, and then gets weepy when her opponent doesn't cooperate with her game plan.

Kenin, I don't know. I just don't see it but who knows?
:spit:

Keys has 5 titles (4 Premiers, 1 P5), Mladenovic has 1 (1 Premier) .Keys has much better slam results (1 Slam F, 3 Slam SFs, 3 Slam QFs) ,Mladenovic just has 2 Slam QFs .

Keys is much better than Mladenovic .also the way you describe Keys now is no different than Naomi pre-Baijin:shrug:

·
Registered
4,426 Posts

Please don't hire him Angie. This would be a bad choice.

I don't want Angie to end up with another celebrity coach. It's so not her style.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts

I've grown to appreciate her relentless attention seeking. The bomb emoji in her tweet made me laugh. Sorry Kiki but everybody saw this coming, it's no bombshell. Nice to see her posting in both english and french - she's never shy to show off her linguistic prowess. What a great character for the tour.

61 - 80 of 236 Posts