Tennis Forum banner

21 - 40 of 236 Posts

·
Registered
23,155 Posts
Re: Bajin splits with Kiki - free for Angie?

I guess he had enough of her attitude :eek:h:

Yesterday during the on court coaching he was repeatedly telling her that her balls are too short that she needs to add more depth, and she kept repeating like No, I am doing great, I cannot do anything better, I am perfect, how can I do that when she gets everything back hard

Honestly I laughed :lol:

·
Registered
82,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #22

Yesterday during the on court coaching he was repeatedly telling her that her balls are too short that she needs to add more depth, and she kept repeating like No, I am doing great, I cannot do anything better, I am perfect, how can I do that when she gets everything back hard

I saw that last coaching yesterday and she was very rude..but may be she already knows he will left...

·
Registered
23,155 Posts

I saw that last coaching yesterday and she was very rude..but may be she already knows he will left...
Coaching was mostly in Serbian so I dunno how you could have understood but ok :p

·
Registered
510 Posts

Wow the audacity from Mladenovic :eek:

·
Registered
2,500 Posts

so

:devil:

·
Registered
7,262 Posts

Diva coach. :weirdo: Not angie's style. Hope she stays away
Sure, but Kerber is not going to be playing for years and years. She's 32 early next season and she's aiming for another GS, and probably will call it curtains shortly after, and as much an attention whore as he might be, he definitely was crucial to, in a relatively short time, turn Naomi from a fragile and inconsistent basher into an elite level player and GS winner, despite some idiots' denials. Even with Mladenovic he's made a very good job. People forget she was hardly winning matches only a few months ago, and her level has vastly improved with him in a very short time, though ofc the writing was already on the wall as soon as they started, as she's never going to win as big as he likes and the limitations in her game fixed a ceiling to their progression. He's annoying, but he's also a very competent coach who knows the tour down to the T. He could be the perfect business like choice for Kerber's short-termed big goals.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts

So in other words Sascha basically said "You're shit and not good enough for me, see you later".

Like him or dislike him it will be interesting to see what his next step is.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts

Yastremska not long ago announced she had split with her coach. I hope he isn't the reason why, I like her and he just seems like a glory hunter with an ego who will go after an upcoming potential star, even if he is good at the job (and we haven't definitively seen yet how good he is, really).

·
Premium Member
3,384 Posts

Sure, but Kerber is not going to be playing for years and years. She's 32 early next season and she's aiming for another GS, and probably will call it curtains shortly after, and as much an attention whore as he might be, he definitely was crucial to, in a relatively short time, turn Naomi from a fragile and inconsistent basher into an elite level player and GS winner, despite some idiots' denials. Even with Mladenovic he's made a very good job. People forget she was hardly winning matches only a few months ago, and her level has vastly improved with him in a very short time, though ofc the writing was already on the wall as soon as they started, as she's never going to win as big as he likes and the limitations in her game fixed a ceiling to their progression. He's annoying, but he's also a very competent coach who knows the tour down to the T. He could be the perfect business like choice for Kerber's short-termed big goals.
I hate to say this but you're One-Thousand Percent wrong here. Bajin's work with Naomi in my judgement is/was still very much overrated.

She proved in Tokyo & Beijing that she can win without him. She doesn't need him.

It's all in her mental mind. When she has the right frame of mind and wants to win it very badly she is very tough to beat.

·
Registered
31,624 Posts

Hmmm. Assuming Fissette goes with Osaka or Clijsters (is that still happening?), Bajin will depend on the money between Kerber, Azarenka and Muguruza imho. Darkhorse Pliskova.

·
Registered
8,199 Posts

The guy probably would do anything to be with Andreescu, but she doesn't need him one bit. :nerner:

·
Registered
515 Posts

The guy probably would do anything to be with Andreescu, but she doesn't need him one bit. :nerner:
I don't think Bianca would interest him. He would want someone he could take all the credit for like he tried to do with Naomi, but Bianca is pretty much a complete player already so she doesn't need someone like him who would develop her from the ground up.

If Wim is going with Naomi, then he may see what he can do with Vika... if not, then I imagine he will go with someone who is ready to make a breakthrough in 2020... so Yastremska or Swiatek might be good options for him - if they can afford him.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I thought it was clear this was temporary. He always sounded obvious he wasn’t in it for the long haul. He spent half the time publicly reminiscing about Osaka.

I don’t know if Kiki was improving so much or encountering tired players wrapping up their year and not terribly motivated.

I think he’d make a good match with Muguruza or Daria K as some already suggested.

21 - 40 of 236 Posts