Tennis Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its enough to make an australian cheer agaisn the aussies so they are knocked out and we can get the GOOD matches on TV...

I thought the night session is when the prime time matches would be aired...

So you can understand my disapointment that Wheeler vs Clijsters is the night match, over Henin v Kournikova!!!

Henin v Anna would have gotten good ratings on the night tv session, as it is it will be aired at lkunchtime when most people are at work!!!

Its enough to make me hope that the aussie girls get knocked out early!!! I want the good matches!!!

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did i say it was the only tournament that did it?? :rolleyes:

I still think the scheduling sux, even if it happens all over the place.

·
Registered
17,358 Posts
The night match should have been Henin/Kournikova. Now, by the time ESPN2 comes on television tonight at 9:30 pm E.S.T., the match will be over. And it's not even on the top court. Right? That's ridiculous. Unfortunately, the last time I looked, Henin was up 4-1 in the first set. Maybe the organizers didn't think Anna could challenge Justine. But I am shocked the match is buried at 11am Melbourne time. And that it's being played on the Vodophone Court, and not Rod Laver Arena.

·
Banned
5,664 Posts
Well here is a little info for you.

The only reason Hingis was on last night was because the match was 90 minutes late starting. They are on schedule right now and will most likely stay that way.

Clijsters/Wheeler match...7pm

Channel 7 Telecast times..11am-6pm...8.30pm-12 midnight.

Scheduling of the womens matches at this stage of the tournament is of no interest to 7 (and yes they call most of the shots). Mens matches is different. International Audiences?..their preferances get dealt with the same as ours when we recieve overseas telecasts. :rolleyes:

If by chance we do get to see tonights match, I'm glad it will be to see one of our promising Juniors.

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Adrian, its cool you want to see a young aussie girl in action, and I would to, but not until she's done something noteworthy!! :) I guess its just my preference, I like marquee matchups more....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts