Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems to me that all Maria Sharapova fans are given bad reputations. I made a topic about Maria Sharapova, and now I have the worste reputation. Why is that? Is it wrong to like Maria Sharapova? Will you ban me?

·
Registered
11,118 Posts
Idiotic posts get you those red dots.

·
Registered
13,033 Posts
Rooting for any player vehemently will get you bad repped here and there. Unless you root for a Williams, it happens less often, because people are afraid of being accused of being rascist.

·
Banned
3,293 Posts
Andrew. said:
Idiotic posts get you those red dots.
better than kissin each other's arss for good rep

·
Registered
34,578 Posts
yes, i agree. threads like "How many reputation points have you got" and "Who was the last person to good rep. you" really annoy me :p

its just reputation given out for no good reason.

·
Registered
34,218 Posts
Rossana Fan said:
yes, i agree. threads like "How many reputation points have you got" and "Who was the last person to good rep. you" really annoy me :p

its just reputation given out for no good reason.
I agree with you, and said that months ago, right in the "How Many Points" Thread. (The Thing perhaps Worst With that IMO Is the "inflation effect" in That The more They "Trade rep" the more points each participant in that "barter game" wields.

But if they (Admins) won't Even Enforce their own rules on posters flaming Eachother (Even after such posts have long been reported, so whichever one replies can please spare me the BS about "just report the post") do you Think They give a FF about rep Point Prostitution? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
11,118 Posts
NovotnaFan said:
better than kissin each other's arss for good rep
Which is something I don't do. I am proud of earning my rep points based on how people feel about my posts.

Reactions: *JR*

·
Registered
34,218 Posts
Andrew. said:
Which is something I don't do. I am proud of earning my rep points based on how people feel about my posts.
Great, me too. But guess what? If someone who's gotten 10X the # they'd have if not for the prostitution racket defacto trading RF mentioned above wanted to, he or she could in effect wipe out 10 "normal" positive reps in a couple of clicks.

The owners of the board know that, and don't care. Furthermore Andrew, someone out To Trash others could simply accumulate 1 or 2 million points via the "inflationary system" I mentioned above so others wouldn't Bash Back, or negative rep them.

And (except for the obvious "stars of Trollfest Tour 2004" who get quickly banned, an "established member" can say just About Anything (except hatred of a race, religion, nationality, orientation, etc.) and get away with it.

I Think The Admins want to do the right thing, but the same owners who pointedly ignored the simple question several members asked when Their Tennis pics were deleted from Tennis Photo's seem to prefer mayhem, as it might increse post totals and page views. (But not unique visits, the key stat In Internet marketing).

But they're missing a key element, IMO. Click "Members" and scroll pages @ random. You'll find That The vast majority have never posted. Even if you subtract half or more of Those Thousands as being duplicate screennames plus real ppl who simply read threads, there are thousands more who the crap permitted turns off and simply don't come back.

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
you just have to get a lot more good rep so that you dont have to see those red dotas when you go into your cp

·
Registered
11,118 Posts
I don't understand why the reputation whoring "exchange" threads just aren't shut down. Because right there is where the problem starts. Just go in there to look at some posts, where someone can go in with 25,000 rep points and come out in two days with near 250,000. It's rediculous.

·
Registered
34,218 Posts
Andrew. said:
I don't understand why the reputation whoring "exchange" threads just aren't shut down. Because right there is where the problem starts. Just go in there to look at some posts, where someone can go in with 25,000 rep points and come out in two days with near 250,000. It's rediculous.
Perhaps because the whoring isn't limited To Those posters. :(

·
Registered
13,033 Posts
Reputation has been ruined by everyone...it should just be done away with...

but then maybe I'm just an extremist, because I think "Non-Tennis" should be done away with too (this is a tennis board, if i just want to talk i'll go someplace else)

·
Registered
15,655 Posts
Andrew. said:
What's the point of that? I like reputation sometimes because it shows that someone appreciated your post...But raising your reputation from 25.000 to 250.000 is pretty useless, isn't it? Nobody notices but yourself...You won't get more green squares or something...

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
I think non tennis should be done away with too. Then maybe the fakes would go away. The people that pretend to be stars that are normally not even tennis fans. This is a tennis board and should just be tennis

·
Registered
15,655 Posts
selking said:
I think non tennis should be done away with too. Then maybe the fakes would go away. The people that pretend to be stars that are normally not even tennis fans. This is a tennis board and should just be tennis
You're not refering to Helen Lawson now, are you?;):lol:

·
Registered
34,218 Posts
Re. ditching NT, I totally disagree. I was a mod. on the old GoTennis (B4 the spring '03 site revamping where the board was technically inferior afterwards) and I can tell you that by far the most deletions were "NT" topics. Plus, NT creates loads of traffic, and thus ad revenue, for the board in general.

As hard as it may be for Poe & Amanda to accept, I want Them To succeed, even Though Their secretive way of dealing with us is frustrating. In which vein, cracking down on the foodfights could get more adult ppl (more likely to spend $ with the advertisers) not 2B quickly turned off.

How does this relate to rep whoring? First, preventing that puts a damper on the "Its About Me" stuff, and second it prevents newcomers from being red-dotted for OMG, expressing an opinion someone who can "deliver" 10K points in either direction "punishes" them for.

Though frankly, allowing/encouraging the Admins to actually enforce the "no flaming" rule in the site's AUP (Acceptable Use Policy) would do that better. But IMO, when Poe once said "there's less crap here than On Other boards, esp. sports", he wasn't looking enough @ the big picture.

A company I once worked for had a certain practice that was rather self-defeating. When I told my supervisor what change would solve that, he said "Our customers don't have any problem with it". But he didn't realize how many new customers it had kept the company from gaining.

·
Registered
18,948 Posts
delete non-tennis :lol:

well if this thread is taking ridiculous suggestions, then i submit GM for extermination. why do you need a GM forum when all of the popular players have their own joints as well as all of the tournaments? right. let's have some more people!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts