Tennis Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Team Vika
46,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm glad Alizé has apparently recovered from that Roland Garros injury and is having a decent grass season now. Can she beat another German in the next round ? :hehehe:

Reactions: jimbo mack

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
just think of the sad faces of those cute kids...

it can be too much sometimes..

they are much too young to appreciate how well Mama played today and how hard she fought.. how vicious those slices were. All that matters to them is it is back to canned food and frozen entrees... the promise of lobster and steaks for dinners has to wait a couple of weeks till Mama brings the big check home..

·
Registered
397 Posts
just think of the sad faces of those cute kids...

it can be too much sometimes..

they are much too young to appreciate how well Mama played today and how hard she fought.. how vicious those slices were. All that matters to them is it is back to canned food and frozen entrees... the promise of lobster and steaks for dinners has to wait a couple of weeks till Mama brings the big check home..
You are aware that the Marias are very wealthy, right? She and her family live on a beautiful estate with a private court in Palm Beach Gardens.

·
Registered
34,884 Posts
I enjoyed watching T. Maria’s first round win over Potato. Equally, it’s nice to see Cornet go deep here, considering this could well be her last season on tour (according to rumours).

She deserves one more deep run on grass; the same surface she achieved the most documented win of her career on.. (although, as a Serena stan I can’t say I was delighted with that).

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
You are aware that the Marias are very wealthy, right? She and her family live on a beautiful estate with a private court in Palm Beach Gardens.
I would hope so.. think of the kids!!!!

but artistic license is my favorite tool in my box

·
Registered
122 Posts
Considering what happened between these two at RG that one year, this felt like almost too normal a match.
Yes the handshake was quite civil. I think Cornet wrote in her book that Maria has ignored her since that match at the FO. Perhaps their relationship is improving, though I doubt they’ll be signing up as a doubles team anytime soon.

·
Registered
Team Vika
46,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes the handshake was quite civil. I think Cornet wrote in her book that Maria has ignored her since that match at the FO. Perhaps their relationship is improving, though I doubt they’ll be signing up as a doubles team anytime soon.
Considering what happened between these two at RG that one year, this felt like almost too normal a match.
What was the incident ?

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
What was the incident ?

• Haha
Reactions: iGOAT
1 - 9 of 9 Posts