Tennis Forum banner
41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
13,503 Posts
Even better scoreline than the 6-3 6-1 she had vs Badosa in Madrid. Halep is the true top 5/10 player right now on the tour. Didn't she also push Iga to a TB in Indian Wells? Most Top 10 lose with very one-sided scorelines to Iga, the likes of Sabalenka, Jabeur, Kontaveit, Sakkari, etc..

·
Registered
521 Posts
Even better scoreline than the 6-3 6-1 she had vs Badosa in Madrid. Halep is the true top 5/10 player right now on the tour. Didn't she also push Iga to a TB in Indian Wells? Most Top 10 lose with very one-sided scorelines to Iga, the likes of Sabalenka, Jabeur, Kontaveit, Sakkari, etc..
She pushed Iga yet hurt herself at the end of the first set. Iga of course rolled after that.

·
Registered
7,890 Posts
Well, 'falling apart' or not, Simona still has the 2nd best record
this year, with a title and 3-4 SEMIS and since she barely lost
to Iga at IW, after reinjuring herself the week before in Dubai ,
I hope she gets that boring, predictable robot,Iga, again!! If Simona
is 100%, Iga will find out why Simona was 3-1 against Barty, while
she, Iga, was 0-3!!!!
Aren’t you the one who always whines when people don’t give enough credit to Simona yet you keep trashing Iga over and over again. Get a life, hypocrite.

• Angry
Reactions: JohnnyCat75

·
Registered
7,890 Posts
Still picking fights with posters and acting like a 12-year old
And what are you doing now if not „picking a fight” with me? Do you ever think before you click the „reply” button?

·
Rise up from ignorance
25,848 Posts
The problem is Halep can't keep up with such numbers over a longer stretch of time these days, if she has a bad match at a two-week event then it becomes real bad.

I had very minimal expectations for Anisimova on this match so I'm fine with the result. She got a couple of wins on grass before SW19 which is more than I expected.

·
Registered
117 Posts
She would've not lost to Iga at IW if she didn't
reinjured her thigh in Dubai, just before IW!
She's 2-2 against Iga and if she's 100%, she will never
lose to Iga again! At least she exciting to watch,
unlike the boring, predictable robot, Iga!!

·
Registered
6,821 Posts
You saw this result (or at least a comfortable win) for Halep coming? I thought it would be competitive for sure.
I did. On faster courts, Halep can move the ball around much easier, exposing the poor movement of many of her opponents. Especially with the low bounce, Simona's average rally ball no longer sits in Anisimova's strike zone (particularly as she doesn't bend her knees), producing a lot of unforced errors.

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
Not when you are losing in the Slams to the likes of Cornet and Zheng; getting routined by Kontaveit and Sakkari, or getting bested by BHM. That’s definitely not a true Top 10 level, let alone a fake Top 10 level, like we see nowadays.

·
Registered
59,467 Posts

Reactions: Gabriel_Hrnandz
41 - 56 of 56 Posts