Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Understandable nobody wants to make this thread. I'm not even a fan of Lisicki but that anti-climax at the end stung.

Sabine had good chances to win that second set but she was unclutch and a little nervous in the tiebreak. Still a good return tournament for her. Hope she can make a full comeback now.

·
Registered
93,051 Posts
I am so happy and proud on Lisicki. Used that WC very good. And she played so well today. She is on the right way back. Hope she got some help with some WC from other tournaments.

For Bad Homburg I hope we will not get Cornet -Garcia instead of Kerber-Lisicki in SF.

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
yeah I will be curious to see how she schedules the rest of the year. Back to the minors.. or trying her hand at the bigger N.A. HC tournaments. She had a great tournament here.. and played very very well. About 500 spots worth over her current ranking... part of it might be the grass but it wasn't all of it.

·
Registered
32,665 Posts
Garcia broke the Sis Code on matchpoint: You shall not hit a slice, since we are both incapable of hitting the next ball over the net and will look stupid all the time.

·
Registered
34,979 Posts

·
Registered
93,051 Posts

·
Registered
34,979 Posts
Like most, I’m also sad Lisicki could not extend her fairytale run here but what a week it has been for her regardless. Remember it all started with her slated to play BB in the first round, before a LL was then added.

And let’s also face it, Garcia is too good to be ranked where she is. It’s been so frustrating watch her throw away so many opportunities over the past few years. I’m happy she’s having a good week. I noticed we stopped calling her Andy btw?

Reactions: Perun

·
Registered
59,136 Posts
thank God Caro won this - now SF against Cornet... I have a bad feeling ...
good luck Caro :cheer:

·
Art & Futures
26,190 Posts
2 has beens making the most of the opportunity

nice to see Caro doing well again, will be interesting to see if she can clench a title 🗜

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Lisicki had 2 SPs in the tiebreak and was 0/12 on breakpoints overall. Definitely had her chances here. Good signs moving forward.
yeah... while she didn't win... she did play well. Perhaps not on the biggest points though in all honesty a lot of that was due to Caro playing... and serving big on some of the biggest points.

again.. no loss is a good one.. but this was far from a bad lone. Very promising in fact that not only she played well here in this tournament... but held together physically. Does make me wonder if we will see her try to hit the N.A. HC swing... she probably gets at least QWC. Or just plays selectively in Europe in the MM and minor leagues and builds up her match toughness and takes it easy on that body of hers.

sigh...

·
Registered
15,392 Posts
Sorry Sabine lost - I really like her. Nothing agaisnt Caro but she's not a player I follow. Still, good progress for Sabine and I hope she can make further progress from here. Given her record at Wimbledon, albeit that it was a long time since she had very good results there, I would have liked to see her receive a wild card.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
making a tour QF and losing a competitive match is giant progress for Lisicki. Shame it couldn't happen a week earlier so we could get a WC into Wimbledon qualies.

Lisicki is in probably the best physical shape of her life. her legs are much less chunky - not commenting for aesthetics purely that she's less likely to have another traumatic injury if she's done the rehab properly and brought strength to weaker areas of her body.

·
Art & Futures
26,190 Posts
making a tour QF and losing a competitive match is giant progress for Lisicki. Shame it couldn't happen a week earlier so we could get a WC into Wimbledon qualies.
maybe she can get it next year :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Too bad Sabine couldn't convert one of those set points and get stuck into a final set.

But great to see her back playing the main tour in front of a packed, supportive, home crowd.

Hopefully she can get that ranking back up before long and be a tour regular for the last years of her career.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts