Tennis Forum banner
41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Dasha is among the players who I want to see do well but unfortunately, this has been a recurring pattern throughout her resurgence this year. In a tournament where she does comparatively well, she will always have that one match where everything is like an orchestra, the key being that forehand. Despite always having the Kasatkina Puffball Serve Special on the menu, if she is able to flatten that forehand at will, she has a fighting chance.

I saw the first few games of this match and my belief that Bibi would win this match was substantially increased, you can't win a match on grass by looping that forehand down the middle. The moments when she actually used the loopy forehand to construct a point before trying to finish with a flat backhand or forehand, she was successful but when she insisted on looping them with all her might, all she was going to get was a smack from Bibi (to her credit, there was this beautiful looping forehand winner to the corner near the end of the match).

·
Registered
34,884 Posts
BVA having a little breakthrough on grass is nice to see. If she wins this tournament.. maybe a bit of eye spy with my little eye she could win Wimbledon? 😮

·
Banned
2,345 Posts
Struggling to think of a Canadian town that is less Canadian than Mississauga. It's over 50% immigrants. Not to slight immigrants, but that is a hugely multicultural town with a lot of new immigrants.

Having said all that, she is Canadian. Romanians love to claim her as their own and it's great that they cheer for her, but she is 100% from North Canuckistan.
Canada is a country with a lot of new immigrants.
Always.

I think Canucks was making a joke, anyway ...

·
Registered
15,341 Posts
Great result. Love to see Bianca doing well and hope she can go deep at Wimbledon. She is such an exciting player to watch when she is on song and a great character to boot - the tour needs players like this.

The two SFs could hardly be more different. Bianca vs Simona :D and Alize vs Caroline :sleep:

·
Registered
10,302 Posts
The original or Canadian?
Oh my friend....you blaspheme here. :fiery: Canada DOES make good rye whiskey, not my thing.......but single malt scotch (from Scotland) is really the only scotch there is. How Americans drink BOURBON :sick: is simply beyond me.

41 - 60 of 64 Posts