Tennis Forum banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

Registered
Unless you can overpower her or she has a bad day at the office, I feel like Cornet has always been a threat on the tour, so this result is not at all surprising. She is almost never easy to put down, and it could have gone either way until the last set. Definitely a good win for Cornet.

Registered
I don鈥檛 think this loss makes Angie any less of a favourite at Wimbledon. Any player seeing their name pitted against her in draw will still have the fear of God striking through them..

Great job for Alize! Vamos! (Sorry I should have said ALLEZ)

Reactions: okay888

Registered
People said Angie is ready to win wimbledon anyways, Alize Cornet can spoil parties for top players . I almost didn't forgive her for beating Serena at wimbledon but time healed my heart and I forgave her lol

Registered
I don鈥檛 think this loss makes Angie any less of a favourite at Wimbledon. Any player seeing their name pitted against her in draw will still have the fear of God striking through them..
tennis is.. always has been a game of matchups. Like it is with Iga it is with others .. like with Angie. There will be players in the tournament that can beat them..or perhaps aren't good matchups. However the chances of actually meeting in a 128 player draw and playing them? Often pretty small.

Nothing really to take out of this match other than what we already knew.. Cornet is a damn tough opponent for anyone and she has Angie's number.

Registered
Not a shock, #32 in live race beat #41. Both are having mediocre seasons so far, with one stand-out performance each (AUS Open Cornet, WTA250 Win Kerber).

Registered
Its stunning when 2022 Kerber wins a match. I think she had a 6 match losing streak this year
Did well to get this far at the 250

Registered
Team Vika
Aliz茅 馃コ

Registered
What does it say if a former Wimbledon winner loses to Cornet on grass?

Registered
don't read too much into this. at 34 Kerber is not focused on winning Bad Homburg it's all about Wimbledon.
Exactly...I realized after I bet her (too much on it) that Kerber was likely committed to giving a certain percentage of her energy here & no more. Surely recalls how much that Frech match took out of her & didn't want to kill herself in the heat. Smart move just days before Wimby.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts