Tennis Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At least they are showing Roland Garros. How many other European channels are showing 120 hours of FO action?

I'd rather have the shoddy coverage than none at all.

Go Eurosport! :bounce:

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
I dont think it has been that bad, i actually wanted to see Henmans match today surprisingly- there has been no brits on the tour for the best part of the year. Although i swear eurosport use the GS's just to show more mens tennis cos its not as popular as the womens- just to boost its flagging ratings

·
Registered
360 Posts
Women's matches often rate higher than men's at grand slams - I think it was Australian Open 2001 (when Capriati broke through) that 15 of the top 20 matches (ratings wise) were women's... I used to work at Eurosport....

They show more men's early in the first week as the matches tend to be more competitive - plus the people who decide what they show are all French, older and stuffy!

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
What I really don't understand is who on earth is watching this Italian cycling that keeps on interupting my tennis - 3 weeks of hours of men on bicycles, lots of pictues of roadside verges, the dimest most verbose commentator on any network and any drama limited to the last minute race for the line. Its as boring as the German satellite channel that shows overnight the view from a train as it drives along. I suppose people who can ride a bike might watch other people riding bikes as they are on their wavelength but thats an argument for watching people sleep and we don't do that (except on Big Brother)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts