Tennis Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I am disappointed to see Alicia Molik lost in three sets in her first match on grass this season. I really thought she would shine here after two-straight first round clay court losses.

I have said all along that although she is having a relatively good year, she still needs to find some consistency with her mental game.

Hopefully she gets her act together in the next few weeks. To me grass is the one surface she really can show how talented she is.

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
since that first roound loss in the tournament before RG alicia hasn't had the best results. she went on to lose 1st round at RG (although to a high seed i still think she should have won that match and gone on a couple more rounds after that) then she had this 1st round loss.

i really hope she can pick things up for wimbledon.

go alicia!

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
Alicia :sad:

She had a wonderful year until a tournament before Roland Garros. Now, it seems Alicia is back where she was before this year.

Alicia :sad:

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
:sad: :sad: I was hoping that Alicia would pick up a grass title this season! One would think that this would be a good surface for her game. C'MON ALICIA!!!

·
Registered
17,731 Posts
She plays dubs tomoz, but I think she and Martina are gonna loose, but hey they could suprise me.

·
Registered
34,218 Posts
Jakeev said:
Lol is that her nickname now?
I guess so but I didn't "invent it" for her. My nicknames are more creative, like Peppermint Patty, the Placid Parisian (Nathalie D.) and Baby Blue Eyes (Lina :kiss: ).

·
Registered
21,802 Posts
:sad: :sad: But it's only one loss. If she racks them up, then I'll be worried. GO ALICIA! :bounce:

·
Registered
601 Posts
The most frustrating thing is that we all KNOW she's got the talent. It's just a matter of converting it into wins. She needs to stop having 'bad days' and 'bad weeks' and start playing consistant tennis. Yes, this is all very obvious stuff and easier said than done, but grass is a great surface for her, and I really expect her to do better.

In better news, she's now the number one Australian woman player at 56 after poor Nicole slumped to 59 (Alicia also slipped down a place, but she's sure to greatly improve her ranking over the next month if she shows us all what she's capable of).

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
:sad: Heres hoping that she has a ripping wimbledon. Hopefully if her and Martina do ok in the doubles she can get some good court time on the grass. In all due respect though, I've never seen Vinci play but see that she is a good doubles player, and good doubles players are always tough on grass. I would really love to see someone like Tony Roache help work with her over the grasscourt season. With a serve that she has, she should be testing all the strong players and not losing to someone with a ranking like Vinci IMO Ohh well...there is always next week and she didn't injure herself.

·
Registered
10,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
cariosity said:
:sad: :sad: But it's only one loss. If she racks them up, then I'll be worried. GO ALICIA! :bounce:
It isn't one loss though. She now has lost three straight and I think she lost her second match at FedCup too.

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
yes she did lose her 2nd match at fed cup to serna.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Kirt12255 said:
Ohh well...there is always next week and she didn't injure herself.
But if she did, that'd be sooo like the kinda luck she gets :)

·
Registered
15,747 Posts
she's playing dubz tonight hope they will win
and next week is eastbourne qualies

1 - 19 of 19 Posts