Reactions: Miranda

·
Registered
85,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
But she's NOT stronger than ever. I'm sick of all this 'motherhood' whining and spin. Women give birth in deserts, jungles, and lands where there aren't even doctors or nurses. And what the hell does she need maternity leave for???!!!! She's just self-promoting. Clijsters never went on like this.

·
always getting what i want
17,859 Posts
Your career is long over, girl.

Reactions: marismexico

·
Premium Member
181,826 Posts
But she's NOT stronger than ever. I'm sick of all this 'motherhood' whining and spin. Women give birth in deserts, jungles, and lands where there aren't even doctors or nurses. And what the hell does she need maternity leave for???!!!! She's just self-promoting. Clijsters never went on like this.
Except she retired & came back 3 years after her baby

Big diff to 6 months

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Nothing more annoying than these sportswomen who come back after giving birth and they make it seem like they just came back from war. First of all, nobody forced you to have the kid. You could have had an abortion. Secondly, you are rich as hell, so you have the best available health care and medical facilities at your disposal. They are women in poor countries that give birth and they don’t even have the basic health care and doctors and nurses available. Yet these privileged rich sportswomen want us to all believe that they fought in and survived during war by giving birth. Cry me a river!

·
always getting what i want
17,859 Posts

·
La nuit je mens
87,071 Posts
Except she retired & came back 3 years after her baby

Big diff to 6 months
Jada was like 1 yo when Kim began to train again. She announced her coming back in March 2009 when Jada was 13 months.

More than Vika but far from 3 years.

Reactions: Miranda and Rads101

·
Registered
819 Posts
Vika has already said in this interview and in the past that she has it much better than the average 1st world working mom so she probably doesn't need to be told that she has it better than even worse cases. But ultimately she can only speak to her situation and the situation of others like her, which she feels brings it's own challenges and she wants to do her bit to make it potentially easier for anyone that is in a similar sitatuation after her. You can call it self-promotion but she isn't just chatting shit in pressers or interviews, she genuinely has been involved in the behind-the-scenes work that goes on in trying to affect actual rule change.

Maternity leave is nice to have because it makes it a lot easier for women to have kids when they are best fit to do so without feeling like they are significantly harming their careers. WTA already has maternity leave; Vika's big thing has been that she wanted to see the maternity leave extended as she thinks the current time frame for return can cause undue stress on families. Given her circumstances regarding custody there may well be some merit for her thinking that way.

Regarding her body, I do think she has generally looked as fit as ever post-pregnancy. There was that one period where people were like 'omg she's so skinny due to the custody battle stress!!' but that didn't last long. People were ragging on her body for years prior to her pregnancy and everyone surely must have thought she would balloon even further, so it is of note that basically the opposite happened and the 'Pizzarenka' era has seemingly been consigned to the past. Of course the issue is that with age and possibly pregnancy does come a loss in explosiveness, etc.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts