Tennis Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do you think will be the verdict. its probley the most evenly balanced tie of all of them. possibley Australia could come through or Austria with sybille who is the most consistent player and Tamira could tear Australia apart on her own

·
Banned
9,812 Posts
is this match being played on red clay?
if so, Austria is the HEAVY FAVORITE
Bammer has been on her game lately and will definitely win both her singles ...
the Australians looked hopeless this week on the green clay so the only hope they have is to beat Pascek in both singles and then win the doubles

·
Registered
29,012 Posts
If Australia can get it to the doubles, they'll win.

I'd be going with Stosur in both singles, with Alicia taking Paszek then Pratt with Bammer.

·
Registered
8,451 Posts
Paszek is beatable for the Australian team, so it could be a very close tie. Doubles could be the thing that decides it, and I think Australia are the favourites to win that surely...

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
The fact that it's on clay is the factor here i think. Bammer is in top form at the moment and i'm not sure if pratty can beat paszek on clay. It's going to be close.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
It's a tough one to call. I think Bammer should win both her singles matches. She lost to Stosur at the 2006 Australian Open but this is clay and an entirely different scenario for them. Paszek needs to win one of hers to secure the tie. She is capable of doing that. Stosur might have a bit too much experience for her but Paszek will have a chance against Pratt.

Should Bammer unravel and lose one of her singles matches, Australia will claim the tie by either 4-1 or 3-2. Should Bammer hold firm, the Aussies will look to attack the younger Paszek who seems to be a fearless player. It's an uphill battle but the Aussies are proven fighters. Should they prevail against Paszek and find themselves in a 2-2 situation, Australia will win it in the doubles.

My heart says Stosur can beat Bammer and Paszek but that Pratt will struggle against both. It would still go to Australia though. If the current form of the players on paper unfolds as it should, Bammer and Paszek will win it for Austria after the third singles match.

GO AUSTRALIA!!!

·
Registered
10,861 Posts
Australia!!!

·
Registered
5,165 Posts
Aut def Aus 4-1

Bammer def. Stosur 7-5,4-6,6-3
Paszek def Pratt 6-2,6-2
Bammer def Pratt 6-1,6-3
Paszek def Stosur 5-7,6-4,6-4
Australia def Austria 6-3,4-6,6-4 in doubles

·
Team WTAworld, Lounge Owner
44,144 Posts
Go Austria :bounce:

·
Registered
6,485 Posts
this is impossible to predict... i cant wait for the tie. i think australia will win, even though its on clay in austria against austria who have 2 players in hot form at the moment... stosur will need to be in form and molik will need to be serving exceptionally well if she gets a singles match... in the doubles no matter what combination you can think of the aussies seem unbeatable with 4experienced doubles champions... if bammer gets nervous in front of a home crowd or paszek shows inexperienc the aussies will take it

·
Team WTAworld, Lounge Owner
44,144 Posts
Immer wieder, immer wieder, immer wieder Österreich :rocker:

Sorry, das musste sein :p

·
Registered
650 Posts
is this match being played on red clay?
if so, Austria is the HEAVY FAVORITE
Bammer has been on her game lately and will definitely win both her singles ...
the Australians looked hopeless this week on the green clay so the only hope they have is to beat Pascek in both singles and then win the doubles
the surface is red clay.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts