Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 168 Posts

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
from facebook

Im having my last week of training here in vegas before going to australia....We are like a family here so it will be hard to leave but im soooo looking forward to start the tournaments and get back into that match atmosphere:)My schedule is Brisbaine,Sydney and Australian Open!!!!:*:*

·
Banned
26,881 Posts
Sydney will be tough, even to qualify :scared:

·
Registered
9,144 Posts
Sydney will be tough, even to qualify :scared:
Agreed, she went down this route 2 years ago and got thrashed by Safina in the first round. Sydney always has a very, very tough field, I'm not sure this is the best approach. On the positive side, she is playing Brisbane, weaker field, chance to get some wins/confidence and then take on Sydney with hopefully a nothing to lose approach.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tnx for the update! :D
I think that in Brisbane she could win some easy matches, but Sidney? :scared:

·
Registered
9,144 Posts
Hey, I live in Adelaide!

I couldn't believe it when I opened up the paper and saw that pic and article! She's in my home town training! :yeah:

·
Registered
602 Posts
Q draw- brisbane

(2)Monica Niculescu (ROU) v Christina McHale (USA)
Mariya Koryttseva (UKR) v Rebecca Marino (CAN)
Lucie Hradecka (CZE) v Petra Martic (CRO)
Chanelle Scheepers (RSA) v (5)Sorana Cirstea (ROU)

I am all scared she plays sheepers tmrw as third match on court 2 so I think it will be like 14-15 brisbane time maybe a bit earlier

·
Registered
26,592 Posts
I'm not really sure what to expect. A few dangerous players in her section of the draw.
Hope she will start well :cheer:

·
Banned
26,881 Posts
Qualifying final is minimum what she should achieve! Sheepers and Hradecka/Martic ahould be no problem for her, even in average form :)

But Niculescu or Marino for example could be hard :scared:

Apart from the draw, I'm just so excited to let the season start! Come on Sori, this is the first stage of your come back! :cheer:

·
♡
25,029 Posts
So excited:) hopefully she Qs :sobbing:

good luck:cheer:

·
Registered
50,589 Posts
Go Sorana!!! :bounce:

·
Registered
26,592 Posts
Sori def Chanelle Scheepers 6-3 4-6 6-4 :bounce:

Happy she starts with a win :D

·
Banned
26,881 Posts
What a choker match! I nearly died in front of the live scores! :eek:

In the first set both players were more or less on the same level, but in the end it was Sori who was a little better and therefore won it. At the beginning of set two, like often before, Sori took a break lay quickly 0:4 behind...
At that point I thought it will end like the matches against Kusnetzova or Ivanovic last season with tons of errors and much frustration, but despite my thoughts Sori kept on fighting and came back to 4:5! :worship:
Unfortunately, Scheepers took the second with her own serve. In the third one Sori had (in spite of my fears) a good start, quickly a break in front. In contrast to that Sheepers hit lots of Double Foults and I thought it's over, but Sori once again showed that she likes suspence...
So she gamed away her leading position against a struggling opponent. In the end everything went fine again supported by Scheepers who hit DF 12 and 13 (on the match point) in the final service game. :rolleyes:

All in all, an OK performance, except the beginning of the second set. She still has huge problems with her consistence, hoping that the reason today was the first match of the new season... :unsure:

Now beat Hradecka on New Year's Eve night! :fiery:

Reactions: Sasja

·
Registered
26,592 Posts
What a choker match! I nearly died in front of the live scores! :eek:

In the first set both players were more or less on the same level, but in the end it was Sori who was a little better and therefore won it. At the beginning of set two, like often before, Sori took a break lay quickly 0:4 behind...
At that point I thought it will end like the matches against Kusnetzova or Ivanovic last season with tons of errors and much frustration, but despite my thoughts Sori kept on fighting and came back to 4:5! :worship:
Unfortunately, Scheepers took the second with her own serve. In the third one Sori had (in spite of my fears) a good start, quickly a break in front. In contrast to that Sheepers hit lots of Double Foults and I thought it's over, but Sori once again showed that she likes suspence...
So she gamed away her leading position against a struggling opponent. In the end everything went fine again supported by Scheepers who hit DF 12 and 13 (on the match point) in the final service game. :rolleyes:

All in all, an OK performance, except the beginning of the second set. She still has huge problems with her consistence, hoping that the reason today was the first match of the new season... :unsure:

Now beat Hradecka on New Year's Eve night! :fiery:
Following the live scores was indeed nervewrecking. I really thought she would lose after bein 0-4 down in the 2nd set. It was going really fast at that time, but she came back. Also 12 DF from Chanelle. But glad she pulled through. Important win for her I think.

·
Registered
3,778 Posts
Nice win for Sorana because Scheepers can really get a lot of balls back & with Sorana's inconsistency, could have been a disaster. So I'm glad, Sorana managed to pull a tough one out. Keep it up Sorana!

1 - 20 of 168 Posts