N.Dechy/A.Molik vs. S.Williams/E.Bovina
BYE vs. (3) A.L.Groenfeld/C.Rubin

(4) M.Sharapova/I.Tulyaganova vs. BYE
D.Hantuchova/M.Marrero vs. J.Dokic/A.Kournikova
T.Tanasugarn/S. Viratprasert vs. M.Maleeva/M.Hingis
BYE vs. (2) M.Pierce/E.Van Hyfte

Important informations

#1 : Seedings is based on the ranking from 4th of August
#2 : Deadline to commit to the doubles draw is on Wednesday 8 a.m. GMT (don't do the same like in Wellington last week)
#3 : Deadline to send points in singles (100 into three sets) is on Tuesday, 4 p.m. GMT
#4 : Deadline to send points in doubles (100 points into three sets) is on Thursday, 4 p.m. GMT
#5 : Results will be done in colours :

Players from The Worst Bitches
Players from Silly Pussycats
Players from Absolute Fighters
Players from Sexy Beauties

Have fun and support your team!

Commit doubles teams (your partner can be from other groups)!

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
This week FLT visits Melbourne for its first Grand Slam - The Australian Open

The Australian Open's Rod Laver Arena

THE SEEDS​

(1) MARIA SHARAPOVA

FLT's Number One - glamourous 16 year old Russian Maria Sharapova - leads the Silly Pussycats into the Australian Open. Having won the Margaret Court Cup over Martina Hingis she has proven ability, and despite a loss to Venus Williams in the Wellington quarterfinals, she is still the player to beat.

(=2)MARTINA HINGIS

Switzerland's sassy Martina Hingis, the Worst Bitches top player, arrives in Melbourne with a final and semi final under her belt. With a tactical awareness that outfoxes her harder hitting opponents, Hingis is another hot favourite for the title

(=2) EVELYNE VAN HYFTE

Absolute Fighter's Number 1 - Belgian teenager Evelyne Van Hyfte - has impressively won the Australian Internationals and reached the Osaka final. Overshadowing Kim Clijsters back home, Van Hyfte has been the surprise package of the tour so far, and is good enough to beat anyone

(4) GABRIELA SABATINI

Beautiful Argentinian Gabriela Sabatini has reached two semifinals so far proving she is not just a pretty face. With her flowing topspin strokes that set her apart from her competitors and her dark Latin looks, Sabatini is one of the most popular players in Melbourne

(5) TAMARINE TANSUGARN

With a semifinal and quarterfinal so far, Tamarine Tansugarn has shown her Rebound Ace game is on form, and with a large Thai support guaranteed in Australia, the momentum could spur Tammy on to a great run in the biggest event so far.

(6) ELENA BOVINA

With two finals already, including wins over Sabatini and Van Hyfte, Elena Bovina has shown that on her day she can beat the best. Here, Bovina will want to be the best and try to take the spotlight from fellow Russian Maria Sharapova

(7) IRODA TULYAGANOVA

With wins over Elena Bovina, Venus Williams and Jennifer Capriati, Iroda Tulyaganova blazed through the draw at Wellington to take the title and emerge as a star on the FLT tour. A powerful shot maker, Tulyaganova's groundstrokes are a match for anyone and is a dangerous outsider for the title.

(8) JENNIFER CAPRIATI

The only Sexy Beauty to be seeded, Jennifer Capriati will aim to lead the team in style. With hard hitting strokes and gritty determination, Capriati is a player to watch, although she has a tough draw. She plays Lindsay Davenport in round one, with Osaka champion lurking in round 2.

THE DANGEROUS FLOATERS

ELENA DEMENTIEVA

The Osaka champion narrowly missed out on a seeding and is the most dangerous unseeded player in the draw. Elena will be aiming to outdo fellow Russians Sharapova and Bovina and make a name for herself in the biggest event so far.

MARY PIERCE

Mary Pierce has reached the semi finals of her only event so far including a win over Tamarine Tanasugarn. The go-for-broke Frenchwoman faces home hope Alicia Molik in the first round and Maria Sharapova awaits the winner. With Pierce hitting well, she will fear no one, not even the FLT number one.

Other players to watch out for are hometown player Alicia Molik, the glamourous Anna Kournikova and America's trailblazing Williams sisters Venus and Serena.

·
Registered
11,975 Posts
Rubin/Groenefeld?

·
Registered
10,954 Posts
Lucyfer said:
Daniela Hantuchova - Marta Zorrero
lucia.. its Daniela bitchova - Marta MARRERO :bounce:

·
Registered
22,771 Posts

Slovakian and member of "The silly pussycats" Daniela Hantuchova, trainning today with doubles partner Marta Marrero at the Margaret Court Arena. Daniela will play in her debut at the AO against the seed 7, Iroda Tulyaganova from Uzbekistan.

·
Registered
6,155 Posts
Evelyne Van Hyfte Arrived Today
"Great to be here, the weather is great. But I still need to get used to it! I'm the third seeded here, a great feeling, I can tell you that! I have a Bye in the first round, that's good because I want to work on a few points in my game. After the final in Japan, I felt that I could win my second title after I won the first set. But it all went wrong in the second set tiebreak. I became nervous, and made some stupid errors. In the third set I wasn't worth anything, too tired, I almost couldn't run some easy balls down. I practiced already a bit today, I need to work on my serve. More aces, less double faults! Tomorrow I'll take a day off, visit the city here etc. I'm hoping for another great tournament, but I can say you this: I really feel the pressure of being the third seeded! Let's hope the best ;)."​

·
Premium Member
20,718 Posts
Sharapova arrives

Maria Sharapova signing autographs for her young fans

Maria Sharapova has now arrived back in Australia, Melbourne. This week will be one of the biggest weeks of her life and career as she will test herself to see if she can hold off all the other skanks on the tour to win the Australian Open 2003.

"Last week for me was very dissapointing, i lost in the Quarters to Venus Williams and i was not happy at all, Iroda and I done well in the doubles making it to final and hopefully can keep it going this week, but my main focus is singles."

"The weather is just great in Australia once again, I really like it out here and cant wait to get underway, im going to try to hit with Iroda tomorrow, but it depends on how my left leg is".

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Australian Open Tuesday Schedule Of Play

Rod Laver Arena

Gabriela Sabatini vs. Chanda Rubin
Alicia Molik vs. Mary Pierce
Iroda Tulyaganova vs. Daniela Hantuchova

Vodafone Arena

Magdalena Maleeva vs. Serena Williams
Jelena Dokic vs. Elena Bovina
Kirsten Flipkens vs. Venus Williams

Margaret Court Arena

Maja Matevzic vs. Amanda Coetzer

1 - 20 of 212 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.