Tennis Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

Registered
Re: Australian Open Draw

Polona with Zheng and not wih Daniilidou? They broke up?

Registered

Marino was supposed to play college tennis at Georgia Tech, around the same time Falconi went, but went pro a couple months after she signed her letter of intent to play. I believe they have been friends for years.
:eek: Really? That's interesting.

Registered

No, I know they won last week. This plan had been in the works for awhile. Niculescu is by far the best Romanian doubles player,and I just thought it was interesting who she picked to be her likely Olympics doubles partner. I'm sure Halep would've been in consideration at some point too.
Niculescu/Cirstea would've been the best option :rolleyes:

Registered

Did anyone look at today's schedule and *lol* when they saw Huber/Raymond down to play last on Court 15?

I thought it was a bit of a snub, but have just realised they'll probably switch it to RLA if Rafa finishes off Haas quickly.

Registered

Did anyone look at today's schedule and *lol* when they saw Huber/Raymond down to play last on Court 15?

I thought it was a bit of a snub, but have just realised they'll probably switch it to RLA if Rafa finishes off Haas quickly.
it happens almost ALWAYS at the first round for doubles matches... no matter if you are the 1st or 2nd seeded team... it's a doubles match when there are many singles matches to play (I know, it's sad when you love doubles as I do... but we have to deal with it :fiery:)

Banned

it happens almost ALWAYS at the first round for doubles matches... no matter if you are the 1st or 2nd seeded team... it's a doubles match when there are many singles matches to play (I know, it's sad when you love doubles as I do... but we have to deal with it :fiery:)
There were plenty of doubles matches on TV courts today. I think Tennis Australia is sticking by their tag as the grand slam of Asian & Pacific as all the televised doubles matches featured Asians or Australians.

Also keep in mind that their match would've have to be late in the day, as Anabel Medina Garrigues was scheduled to play singles today. Singles always has to happen first, and they clearly wanted to give her as much rest as possible.

Registered

Alternates Dekmeijere/Kondratieva replace Chakvetadze/Oprandi. Twice lucky as they play now (WC)Jones/Bubosic :eek:h:

Worshipping the bangs
Larsson. Fucked again.

Banned

Alternates Dekmeijere/Kondratieva replace Chakvetadze/Oprandi. Twice lucky as they play now (WC)Jones/Bubosic :eek:h:
Wasn't so lucky for them. They lost in straights. :lol: Meghan must have left Australia, otherwise you'd assume Liga & Meg would've played together

21 - 32 of 32 Posts