Tennis Forum banner
161 - 171 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
6,974 Posts
With Australia and New Zealand having just announced that they are pulling out of the 2021 Rugby league World Cup in England in October, citing " player welfare & safety concerns related to Covid19", one can assume then that Australia will have NO issues of Tennis players pulling out of the 2022 Australian Open due to " player welfare & safety concerns related to Covid19" either.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I cannot see many players willing to go through the strict Quarantine levels Australia imposes for 2 years running. Quite a few of the players already regret doing it for 2021 and I think even less will do it in 2022.

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
I cannot see many players willing to go through the strict Quarantine levels Australia imposes for 2 years running. Quite a few of the players already regret doing it for 2021 and I think even less will do it in 2022.
They won't be allowed in, it's not a logistical nightmare in 2022.

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Sydney is a mess but the tournament should go ahead without there being hard quarantine because if lessens have been learned then the AO will be better prepared than it was last year.

From talking to people around TA, I get the impressive that they were caught a bit off guard by how things got out of control last year after one group were forced into harder quarantine.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I can't see it not going ahead, tournament is six months away.

Rugby League World Cup, meh. If it was the Rugby Union World Cup no chance that Australia & New Zealand would miss that lol. And you'd be bonkers to hold a League World Cup without Australia & NZ, why bother lol, vulturing.

·
Registered
9,353 Posts
I can't see it not going ahead, tournament is six months away.

Rugby League World Cup, meh. If it was the Rugby Union World Cup no chance that Australia & New Zealand would miss that lol. And you'd be bonkers to hold a League World Cup without Australia & NZ, why bother lol, vulturing.
The biggest sticking point, as far as we can see from what was on our news bulletin tonight, is that the English Rugby League organisers (the people calling us "cowards" for pulling out) were not intending to have any separation between the players and the general public anywhere - no hotel bubble or any systems similar to what we've all seen in tennis over the past year. No wonder they pulled the pin.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Tip is there will still be a form of quarantine for the players, but it will be at hotel resorts with swimming pools, tennis courts etc, not city based hotel rooms

161 - 171 of 171 Posts