Tennis Forum banner
141 - 160 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
As for the topic; very sad to see Australia crawling deeper and deeper into their self-isolation hole, while much of the rest of the world is trying very hard to get back to some sort of normality while having a much harder time with the pandemic on the whole.
I say this not only for the sport/tennis/AO and whatever, but also as a son of my dear old mother, and if something bad was to happen I wouldn't even be able to fly over and visit/support......

·
Registered
808 Posts
As for the misunderstanding that old stogies must have watched Court, Evert, Navratilova > Court was clearly a different era and a different TV culture than Evert & the rest.
I watched tennis a lot from '75 onward, until about '80: those were the days of the first superstars. Evert, Connors, Borg, McEnroe.
And we young males never ever rooted for Navratilova, she was a drag. Evert looked much better, lol

Court's era was the sixties, I doubt tennis was very much featured on TV (australia) in those days, maybe someone older will tell me. Superstardom was more through newspapers etc.....unless I'm very much mistaken.
I was never very much aware of her in the mid-seventies, she was on her retour, much like Serena now...

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
And that's why I can't put you on ignore Chris girl. You're talking off topic about me (and Kiwiguy) while I never mentioned you or argued with you in this thread... On ignore I wouldn't see the bullshit you spread about me........I've never said on this forum that I am near retirement. If I did, show me the message please.
Stop using threads as your own "national enquirer" (dwz Privè, Story) please.
Interesting to read this. I bet this clown probably talks crap about me also, as often it still appears to me that he likes any post that is against me. But to someone obsessed as him, the ignore function is probably the best way, as it seems that more and more people realise what a low level troll he is and don't take him seriously.

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
And that's why I can't put you on ignore Chris girl. You're talking off topic about me (and Kiwiguy) while I never mentioned you or argued with you in this thread... On ignore I wouldn't see the bullshit you spread about me........I've never said on this forum that I am near retirement. If I did, show me the message please.
Stop using threads as your own "national enquirer" (dwz Privè, Story) please.
Onzin jaap jij kunt mij negeren maar je doet het niet .
Als jij de ignore knop indrukt dan zie je niets meer van mij en dat zei je gisteren ook te doen maar je hebt het nog geen 1 dag vol gehouden.
Waarom is dat beste jaap ?
Voel jij ook die aantrekkingskracht en kun jij mij net zo min missen als ik jou :ROFLMAO:
Ik moet ook altijd lachen om dat Braziliaanse ventje dat altijd roept mij te negeren maar wel altijd geïnteresseerd is in je analyses over mij
Jullie zijn allebei grappige mannetjes maar kom op zet mij nu echt op ignore , dan zie je echt niks meer van en over mij .
Ik heb er zelf een paar op ignore en daar zie ik niks meer van .
Het is echt niet zo moeilijk beste Jake
Ben je nu alweer vergeten dat je hebt gezegd dat je een man van 62 bent?
Ik heb een goed geheugen dus ik ben het niet vergeten.

·
Registered
808 Posts
I'll ignore you if you stop bullshitting about me, agreed ? And stop writing in dutch, english is the way to go here. Learn it....

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
I'll ignore you if you stop bullshitting about me, agreed ? And stop writing in dutch, english is the way to go here. Learn it....
but jake what is bullshitting about the fact that you are 62??
you have said this your self !

' Greetz, Jake, male, 61. '

So Im not make this up, it are youre own words dear jake !

Vind je het ook niet hypocriet dat jij hele analyses over mij maakt en dat uitgebreid vertelt als ik er een weekje niet ben , wat ik verder prima vind hoor. Ik kan daar wel om lachen, maar dan moet jij ook niet gaan janken als ik het welgeteld in 1 zin over jouw leeftijd heb , wat jij notabene zelf hebt verteld!

·
Registered
808 Posts
My age (61 is not 62) has nothing to do with my "retirement" Chrissie, nothing......and you are never a week away, you're always omni-present, banned or not. Have you ever given your own malicious gossipping about others any thought ? Cheers.

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
My age (61 is not 62) has nothing to do with my "retirement" Chrissie, nothing......and you are never a week away, you're always omni-present, banned or not. Have you ever given your own malicious gossipping about others any thought ? Cheers.
jake jake jake why cant you just put the ignore button ? Its so simple
the most funny thing from my week away was you who was talking about me all the time and if I say only youre age, what where your own words then you are angry
but hee I will PM you then we can talk and talk the whole night long in Dutch :cool:

·
Registered
808 Posts
I wrote 2 messages on you being female/multitasking and being preoccupied with other users. Also that you were fun to read and welcome back... Welcome back. have fun. Don't call us, we'll call you....

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
I wrote 2 messages on you being female/multitasking and being preoccupied with other users. Also that you were fun to read and welcome back... Welcome back. have fun. Don't call us, we'll call you....
hahhaha jake i was joking , you are so serious :ROFLMAO:
but now its time to say goodbye
see you soon lieve jake slaap lekker en droom zacht

·
Registered
9,353 Posts
Court's era was the sixties, I doubt tennis was very much featured on TV (australia) in those days, maybe someone older will tell me. Superstardom was more through newspapers etc.....unless I'm very much mistaken.
Can't speak for Australia, but I've posted several times that our only access to international tennis back then was through the newspapers and occasional items on the television news. I may be wrong, but I have a feeling that the first time we saw Wimbledon live was when Chris Lewis made his run to the final against John McEnroe in 1983.

I do actually agree with ChrisR here, though - this is now seriously off-topic so, provided he doesn't derail the thread again, let's get back to our regular programming... :cool:

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
Who said anything about me being 50? I turned 50 back in the dark ages. Like I said, MY generation invented computers.
Do you know how to operate a nuclear reactor? Cause I think they were also invented by your generation probably lol

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Can't speak for Australia, but I've posted several times that our only access to international tennis back then was through the newspapers and occasional items on the television news. I may be wrong, but I have a feeling that the first time we saw Wimbledon live was when Chris Lewis made his run to the final against John McEnroe in 1983.

I do actually agree with ChrisR here, though - this is now seriously off-topic so, provided he doesn't derail the thread again, let's get back to our regular programming... :cool:
I thought this IS the regular programming!

Anyway, my suggestion is moving the AO 2021 to New Zealand so that AwonderfulKiwi can go see it :cool:

·
Registered
9,353 Posts
I thought this IS the regular programming!

Anyway, my suggestion is moving the AO 2021 to New Zealand so that AwonderfulKiwi can go see it :cool:
You mean 2022. It's a great idea, but I can go anyway if it's in Melbourne as usual - we have unrestricted travel between New Zealand and Australia.

·
Registered
5,850 Posts

There is no shame to admit that you have actually McEnroe and Chrissie and Martina and BJK and Court have seen playing. It only proof that there are more users above 60 here. I was not the one who said that there are not some older users here. Its ridiculous to believe the users are as young as the players. We all know that the tennis tv watchers gets older and older and that many teens don’t watch tennis because a match is way too long for them

141 - 160 of 171 Posts