Tennis Forum banner
121 - 140 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
6,573 Posts
These Mugret Court fake fan accounts crack me up. 🤣
Yeah, I wonder what kind of people they are. Probably religious fanatics who like her for her views. I wonder how much of them actually saw her back in the day. People who were watching tennis in her time are normally barely able to use a computer. Considering the style of trolling, I find it hard to imagine them actually being that old.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Yeah, I wonder what kind of people they are. Probably religious fanatics who like her for her views. I wonder how much of them actually saw her back in the day. People who were watching tennis in her time are normally barely able to use a computer. Considering the style of trolling, I find it hard to imagine them actually being that old.
There are not many really old (>50) posters on TF.
We used to have a couple of such older people on MTF, but even there some died and some didn't post anymore as they were fans of Federer and Murray who are hardly relevant these days.
At least on MTF posters are usually open and revealing about their age. Here on TF they tried to hide it whenever they can.

·
Registered
6,573 Posts
We used to have a couple of such older people on MTF, but even there some died and some didn't post anymore as they were fans of Federer and Murray who are hardly relevant these days.
At least on MTF posters are usually open and revealing about their age. Here on TF they tried to hide it whenever they can.
Wow, that sounds a bit gloomy. But I'm not sure about trying to hide, I Know of at least 3 active users who are old and don't try to hide it at all. I just think it's not exactly natural to go around about your age either way.

·
Registered
5,761 Posts
Im sure there are many older posters here.
Older then 65 , who did have a Margaret and Martina and Chrissie and BJK actuel seen playing

·
Registered
29,320 Posts
OMG people why the same nonsense again and again. We have seen that Aussies can hold a good safe edition so they must be do the same next year. Create the bubble and then there is nothing wrong. It doesn’t matter if they are vaccinated or not. It’s completely safe and the Aussies have proof that already. Why is this nonsense in GM and not in the Aussie thread in non tennis? People here have discussed this same sh#t a 100 times before. And now the exactly same people start over again. AO is in 9 months. First we get way more interesting tournaments so why talking about something what is in the far away future
Except players won’t acept going through hard quarantine plus the bubble again, specially after receiving the vaccine already and seeing how in most of their countries they have reached a herd immunity and have started getting a normal life back little by little when next Australian Open starts.
The circumstances will be very different in January 2022 so it just can’t work the same approach than this year.

·
Registered
5,761 Posts
Except players won’t acept going through hard quarantine plus the bubble again, specially after receiving the vaccine already and seeing how in most of their countries they have reached a herd immunity and have started getting a normal life back little by little when next Australian Open starts.
The circumstances will be very different in January 2022 so it just can’t work the same approach than this year.

its simple who would not play , stays home
this is the aussie way, take it or leave it

·
Registered
29,320 Posts
its simple who would not play , stays home
this is the aussie way, take it or leave it
You are delusional to think players are going to be Ok with facing all that again when the rest of the world have moved out by then.
I’m moderately optimistic but if it happens in Australia (as I still expect/hope) it won’t be like this year. If it is not possible that I can see cancelling/moving out to Dubai or wherever. But there won’t be this strict quarantine for vaccined players.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Haha, print this in a beauty font, frame it and hang it somewhere nice.
Before you know it you'll be really old.....
Been there, done that.....

You've been here about 10 years, so maybe around thirtyish ?......you're over the hill too mate....
I'm over the hill anyway, that's not the point. However at other forums people sometimes were trying to guess my age wrong, holding me for too old.
:LOL: at that. I am not reluctant to tell my age, but many people on the internet are, that's my experience. Also on this forum, along with gender.

Also I ignored this forum for many years, recently had some mood to join back in the convo. I am a very casual follower of WTA, more of the ATP guy.

Fans of Federer and Murray are "old"!

I used to be a fan of Nastase and Connors. Or more relevant to this forum of Goolagong and Navratilova.
No offense, they were Brits and Americans, so understandably they chose the 2 most popular, but somewhat Anglo related superstars.
Fans of Nastase and/or Connors must be in their late 50s/60s though, unless they started following tennis in their early childhood.
Sorry for the off-topic.

·
Registered
9,268 Posts
We can, actually. It was our generation who invented them, after all.

·
Registered
5,761 Posts
No, it's just the current common view propagated by the mass media. I don't really agree with it, just applying in that sense.
jake and kiwiguy are both almost retired , they have said so they must have seen Margaret Court play I think and also Chrissie and Martina. I think that was all in the same generation.
I dont no much about Margaret , I only know her as the old bitchy homofoob granny who claims she is the GOAT even if tennis was amateursport in the 60s.

·
Registered
452 Posts
jake and kiwiguy are both almost retired , they have said so they must have seen Margaret Court play I think and also Chrissie and Martina. I think that was all in the same generation.
I dont no much about Margaret , I only know her as the old bitchy homofoob granny who claims she is the GOAT even if tennis was amateursport in the 60s.
You sound so juvenile often, Court was revered in her heyday as was Laver. Both Aussie ATG legends of the game who won a lot, regardless of the competition.

·
Registered
6,573 Posts
We can, actually. It was our generation who invented them, after all.
Actually no. People who are 50 nowadays were born in the 60/70s and computers already existed back then.

You sound so juvenile often, Court was revered in her heyday as was Laver. Both Aussie ATG legends of the game who won a lot, regardless of the competition.
I see Court as a goat in terms of tennis playing skills, but I know how to separate things. Being a legendary athlete doesn't stop me from finding her a hysterical crazy woman.

·
Registered
5,761 Posts
you are the one who is talking about oldies.
i dont like Court and she was not the Goat , but that is a other discussion ;)

back to the topic

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Biden is nearly 90 and the Queen of England is nearly a 100.

·
Registered
808 Posts
back to the topic
And that's why I can't put you on ignore Chris girl. You're talking off topic about me (and Kiwiguy) while I never mentioned you or argued with you in this thread... On ignore I wouldn't see the bullshit you spread about me........I've never said on this forum that I am near retirement. If I did, show me the message please.
Stop using threads as your own "national enquirer" (dwz Privè, Story) please.

121 - 140 of 171 Posts