Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
17,387 Posts
This would be a great shame. I’m personally hoping some flexibility can be applied rather than relocation. Who’s to say this relocation wouldn’t become long term - no one can guarantee at this point things will change in the future with this virus. So what - Oz and NZ are going to separate themselves from the rest of the world for how long...

·
Art & Futures
22,370 Posts
Asia Pacific Slam moves to ME

·
Registered
35,851 Posts
The players should not have to do that quarantine again. Obviously Australia can do what it wants, but if the country wants to stay this scared of the virus then the slam should be moved.

The thought of having a permanent slam in the Middle East is terrifying though.

·
Registered
17,387 Posts
The players should not have to do that quarantine again. Obviously Australia can do what it wants, but if the country wants to stay this scared of the virus then the slam should be moved.

The thought of having a permanent slam in the Middle East is terrifying though.
Completely agree - I really hope they can find a practical middle ground.

·
Registered
34,923 Posts
Would be very weird, but not fatal. I don't believe anyone really wants to cancel it entirely.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Take the French Open INSTEAD, no but seriously IF the AO was to become the MEO, I'd be so happy to be able to witness it.

But that would also be sad cause the AO is my favourite Slam.

·
Registered
17,387 Posts
Would be very weird, but not fatal. I don't believe anyone really wants to cancel it entirely.
That’s the biggest concern for me - that this would eventually become a permanent arrangement. Covid-19 isn’t going anywhere, just like the flu never went anywhere. We have to adapt - Oz and NZ really need to be adapting by Jan 2022 - I would HOPE.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Come on guys, we already have vaccines and there are more than 6 months. It really shouldn't be that hard.
Any clue as to vaccine availability in Australia? The US vaccination rate is 82 per 100 people - Australia is around 12 per 100 people. Not sure if Australia has the capacity to manufacture the vaccine locally or must import it.

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
Any clue as to vaccine availability in Australia? The US vaccination rate is 82 per 100 people - Australia is around 12 per 100 people. Not sure if Australia has the capacity to manufacture the vaccine locally or must import it.
I don't know, but they are a rich Country, so the capability to vaccinate people they have.

1 - 20 of 171 Posts