Tennis Forum banner

Who will win?

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

· Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wouldn't put my money on Magda here, but then again, I absolutely loathe Sabalenka :D What to do, what to do?
I think Sabalenka is far and away the fav and Magda is going in an underdog, so I mean if she pulls an upset, amazing, if she doesn't, it was still an amazing run. Hope Mags has fun with it and plays relaxed and free and then who knows, maybe lighting will strike.

· Registered
10,827 Posts
Sabalenka is a huge favourite here.

At least it's a late night session, balls will fly slower with a lower bounce and Magda already played twice in such conditions.

Still, if Sabalenka doesn't implode, she'll win it.

Trzymaj, Magda! Show them all you can defy the odds!

· Registered
18,391 Posts
Aryna in two, like every set she's played this year.

If she doesn't beat Magda, I doubt she will ever make a slam final, her head will explode if she loses. :oh:

· Registered
8,400 Posts
if saba overcomes this, she has to make a statement win. a mentally thrilling win in 3 sets will %100 result with flop in the final.

· Registered
10,041 Posts
First of all please stop making Konigin nickname a thing :sobbing:

Secondly, before watching Aryna's SF, I'd say it's an easy two sets win for the Belarussian. But she was struggling quite a lot against Vekić. If she's nervous, which might happen, It can go either way. Magda proved four times already that you have to be at your best to beat her in this tournament. She's got nothing to lose, she should be playing without much pressure. I would be shocking to see her in the GS final, but it's totally open.

· Registered
Leylah Annie Fernandez
1,074 Posts
This semi-final can be written in 2 sentences.
We all know how Magda will play.
No one knows how Aryna will play

In theory, Aryna should easily win. But Aryna from the grand slam semi-finals is.........

a) USOpen in SF she played with a tired and debuting Leylah .....and then waited Emma from the eliminations.
b) USOpen in SF she played with Iga in the worst form of the year .......and then waited in poor form Ons (because Garcia was choking)

How many Grand Slam titles does Sabalenka have?

· Registered
10,756 Posts
Aryna should win... Magda can win....

thus is pure WTA... for seemingly as often than not.. who can usually does over who should. The WTA truly is a day by day toss previous form out the window sport... look great one day.. look like crap the next. The secret spice the WTA has over the ATP... you just never really know what is going to happen.. thus we must tune in and watch. Unlike the men's side where you can tune into the final (if really bored) and not missed anything over the previous rounds.

no pick... happy for every different reasons for whoever wins. and zero clue how either of them is going to play.

· Registered
6,566 Posts
Still wishing it was Garcia! For those that watch Linette often what does she do well?

Before 2022 her record even against the top 50 was shockingly bad (it's actually still shockingly bad because of that), becoming good at 30, that should motivate everybody on tour.

· Registered
10,756 Posts
This semi-final can be written in 2 sentences.
We all know how Magda will play.
No one knows how Aryna will play

In theory, Aryna should easily win. But Aryna from the grand slam semi-finals is.........

a) USOpen in SF she played with a tired and debuting Leylah .....and then waited Emma from the eliminations.
b) USOpen in SF she played with Iga in the worst form of the year .......and then waited in poor form Ons (because Garcia was choking)

How many Grand Slam titles does Sabalenka have?
pretty much the x card isn't it. It does not work this way.. but if each of these two brings what they did last night and Magda wins in straights. Aryna should win but she brings anything less her best and Linette plays a good solid match and serves well then it becomes a very even match.. .. and Magda most certainly can win and routinely if Aryna doesn't serve well or has a subpar match and she is most certainly capable of that.. not even figuring the huge pressure and expectations against another opponent she should beat .. the death of many a slam dream and not just for Aryna .

1 - 20 of 70 Posts