·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
3,325 Posts
:eek:

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Serena Williams moves on to 3rd straight semifinal

Q. Give us an example of one of your screams.

SERENA WILLIAMS: I was so frustrated. I mean, just so frustrated.

Q. From what, your game, conditions, everything?

SERENA WILLIAMS: From my game. The conditions weren't all that bad. It's like people were just ‑‑ I was just so frustrated with the way I was playing. She was just really treeing. I'm just kind of tired people treeing on me, you know what I mean? It's a fight every day.

Q. Was it frustrating at the end to close out that second set?

SERENA WILLIAMS: Yeah, it was. I was just making errors and I should have did some things different. I did eventually close it out.

Q. How much better shape are you than you were a year ago?

SERENA WILLIAMS: Last year I wasn't in shape at all. I was just here on a wing and a prayer.

Q. You say you weren't in shape. When I'm looking at your muscle tone, your serve and your stamina, the long periods, long matches, you seem to outlast players.

SERENA WILLIAMS: Well, I don't know. I guess mentally I was in shape. I was like "Okay, I'm not going to get tired." But it was hard because it was hard for me to run and do things to get in shape last year because I had knee problems. But, you know, this year has been much different. I'm just so excited that I'm not having those issues right now.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Venus advances to Semifinals
Williams whamps Capriati at Australian Open

Venus Williams stretches for a volley during the escape of Jennifer Capriati in the quarterfinals of the Australian Open. Williams is into the semifinals of the year's first grand slam.

Venus Williams started off her Australian Open campaign well by beating fellow American Jennifer Capriati 7-6(3),6-7(4),7-6(5). Venus and Jennifer played for 2 hours and 32 minutes on Rod Laver Arena. Venus hit a total of 43 winners to 51 unforced errors. Venus was toe to toe with Capriati.

"She really brung her whole 'A' game with her. She just went for shot after shot and I was barely able to keep up. I can't believe I am in the semifinals. But it is fun being seeded two and playing Paula is always a challenge" said Venus.

Williams has had a tight history with Paula, winning all their matches in three sets. Venus must keep positive and focused throughout the match. If both Venus and her sister, Serena Williams, can overcome their opponents in the semifinals, they will have their first all-Williams final and match together

21 - 24 of 24 Posts