101 - 120 of 296 Posts

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
This means Juvan IN, right?

·
Registered
688 Posts
With Mertens and Vondrousova out of Abu Dhabi, Iga gets No. 16 seed if Rybakina doesn't make finals.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Something change? Someone's out?

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
So the Lucky losers who are traveling to Australia are Bonaventure, Gasparyan, Schmiedlova, Tsurenko, Rakhimova and Buzarnescu/Ousigwe, right?

·
Registered
6,307 Posts
So the Lucky losers who are traveling to Australia are Bonaventure, Gasparyan, Schmiedlova, Tsurenko, Rakhimova and Buzarnescu/Ousigwe, right?
No, to make it more tortuous, they draw the 6 from the highest ranked 8 losers in Q3, so that means Raina and Lepchenko also have a chance of being selected to be the Super Six...

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
No, to make it more tortuous, they draw the 6 from the highest ranked 8 losers in Q3, so that means Raina and Lepchenko also have a chance of being selected to be the Super Six...
Really?! I'm happy for Ankita, but I don't like Lechpenko at all.
One of these girls will be in MD for sure as Yastremska will not be able to play.

·
Registered
8,301 Posts
Fingers crossed for Ankita then. Would be nice to see her play in the MD :)

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Qualifers:
Babos
Burel
Pironkova
Juvan
Minnen
Danilovic
Errani
Samsonova
Jones
Sherif
Paquet
Cocciaretto
Marino
Savinykh
Hibi
Osuigwe

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
From a strict application of the rules ATM there is no vacancy in the MD, so the LL list has to be made simply according the ranking order, no draw.

However.. however we all know that Yastremska is not going to be in Melbourne (unless some unexpected events), so a draw could have been done, logically but not according the rules.

Different situation for males, there is at least one spot made available after the quali sign-in and before the quali completion (Isner), so a draw seem mandatory.

101 - 120 of 296 Posts