Tennis Forum banner
101 - 120 of 137 Posts

·
64,249 Posts
Lol, Krejcikova/Siniakova should take the title with this field. Maybe Stosur/Zhang if they get it together.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Galaxyworld-
2 Matches they lost to the eventual champs and eventual runners up, Mirza/Kichenok May not be the team who will win this championship but can give good seeded teams a good fight

·
Registered
79,823 Posts
I think historically the draws have actually come out on the Sunday before the AO starts.

Last year draw was out on Feb 7, whilst AO started on Feb 8. So I guess we can possibly expect the draw tomorrow.

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #107 ·
The draw will take place tomorrow, at 12 pm local time, as I stated and as it usually has.

It's also stated on the official factsheet, but some people wouldn't believe it even if the ones from the Staff would tell them.

P.S: The factsheet was last updated on the 5th of January, if you're about to question what it says near the Singles Draw...

·
Registered
17,221 Posts
Galaxyworld-
2 Matches they lost to the eventual champs and eventual runners up, Mirza/Kichenok May not be the team who will win this championship but can give good seeded teams a good fight
Isn't Mirza already seeded?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Why is no one talking about Badosa-Rybakina?

Badosa teamed up with Azarenka first time in her life and they absolutely obliterated experienced double and #2 seed here in AUS Open Shibahara/Aoyama, 6-4 6-2 without breaking a sweat.

·
Registered
33,300 Posts

The WTA released the new rankings and Dabrowski is now a top 5 player. :spitrofl:

Babos/Mladenovic could comfortably rack up a cool $1M/year by playing doubles together in this weak era but they ruined their partnership.

·
Registered
78 Posts
The draw will take place tomorrow, at 12 pm local time, as I stated and as it usually has.

It's also stated on the official factsheet, but some people wouldn't believe it even if the ones from the Staff would tell them.

P.S: The factsheet was last updated on the 5th of January, if you're about to question what it says near the Singles Draw...

Sorry to say but according to their local time right now it is 2:03 pm but still the draw is not available.

·
Registered
9,757 Posts
Mirza's fans will be very sad and complainants as Tough draw awarded only for Team Mirza/Kichnok from first round 😱😱
Juvan/Zidansek has yet to win a doubles match as a pair. What are you talking about? lol

·
Registered
78 Posts
Mirza's fans will be very sad and complainants as Tough draw awarded only for Team Mirza/Kichnok from first round 😱😱
@Galaxyworld, very good perception from your side 😂😂, who on this forum complain about the draw is either tough or easy for Mirza/Kichenok. I think you have a great talent of having future perceptions. 🤣

·
Registered
387 Posts
Dear @Dinesh!, Team Kaja / Zidansk is a good and really competitive than other random Teams if Mirza/Kichnok hardly beat them then they will meet Halep/Ruse in second round
Well, Juvan/Zidansek only played 1 game together so far with limited practice and they almost beat Hradecka/Bouzkova. They can easily beat Mirza/Kichenok as both of the Slovenians are top players who already had good results so far this season (wins vs Sabalenka, almost win vs Sakkari, win vs L Davis).

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Well, Juvan/Zidansek only played 1 game together so far with limited practice and they almost beat Hradecka/Bouzkova. They can easily beat Mirza/Kichenok as both of the Slovenians are top players who already had good results so far this season (wins vs Sabalenka, almost win vs Sakkari, win vs L Davis).
Yes, everyone knows a win over Lauren Davis means you are an incredible doubles player. A tale as old as time that is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha
Reactions: dbjl90

·
Registered
387 Posts
Yes, everyone knows a win over Lauren Davis means you are an incredible doubles player. A tale as old as time that is.

People said the same about Badosa/Azarenka two weeks ago in Adelaide, and they blasted off #1 seed Shibahara/Aoyama 6-4 6-2 the first time they started playing together. Synergy is overrated when the difference in individual ability just gets too big and they are unable to return big serves.

Zidansek/Juvan vs Kichenok/Mirza should be a lot closer than people here think, I suggest you to just wait for the game rather than already mark it as freewin just cos they have significantly more experience in doubles. Upsets in doubles happen all the time, especially on WTA.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
People said the same about Badosa/Azarenka two weeks ago in Adelaide, and they blasted off #1 seed Shibahara/Aoyama 6-4 6-2 the first time they started playing together. Synergy is overrated when the difference in individual ability just gets too big and they are unable to return big serves.

Zidansek/Juvan vs Kichenok/Mirza should be a lot closer than people here think, I suggest you to just wait for the game rather than already mark it as freewin just cos they have significantly more experience in doubles. Upsets in doubles happen all the time, especially on WTA.
Please don’t compare multiple slam champion Azarenka to Zidansek and Juvan. Also people knew Azarnka/Badosa would be a threat, coolfish even said it in the entry list thread that they would beat Aoyama/Shibihara.

No one is marking it as a free win, but to complain of Juvan/Zidansek as a tough draw considering their pedigree is simply false. They may lose to this team, but a tough draw it isn’t.

Reactions: sahilgambhir2907
101 - 120 of 137 Posts