Tennis Forum banner
61 - 80 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
55,713 Posts
Actually, the article says Sherif only found out when Piter asked her to play AO with her instead.

• Wow
Reactions: iGOAT

·
Stanning for Andi
21,900 Posts
Have there been any significant withdrawals? Mattek-Sands doesn't seem to be in Australia yet. Chan/Niculescu?

·
Registered
580 Posts
She can partner haddad-maia, who was suppose to play with podoroska. But i m not sure their combined ranking is better that the last direct entry.
i agree- great idea
Not sure if they know each other but they would make a great team

·
Registered
12,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
Not sure if Niculescu is in Australia yet either. She hasn't played any of the warm-up events in either singles or doubles.
She gave up on singles last year.

But it's a little weird about doubles. I mean Hao-Ching (Angel) Chan was the one who posted that she was looking for a doubles partner for the Australian tournaments, Niculescu contacted her, they signed up for 3 tourneys, but for whatever reason Chan is still home and so is Niculescu probably.

She's the most unreachable Romanian, so I personally don't know more. Maybe @Haihui does?

Sent from my SM-M215F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,494 Posts
It does look like she isn't there as well. I mean she doesn't post much on social media but before slams she almost always posts something. It's pretty strange if neither of them traveled to Australia, you would expect at least one would have traveled and tried to find a partner on site...

·
Registered
12,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
you would expect at least one would have traveled and tried to find a partner on site...
Yup. My thoughts exactly, but the stranger part is from Chan and we could take a guess that she must have injured herself or something? Did she post any tennis stuff on social media?

I mean why announce publicly (via the WTA Intranet) that you are looking for a partner for the Australian tournaments, sign up with one and then not travel?

Sent from my SM-M215F using Tapatalk

61 - 80 of 148 Posts