Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 148 Posts

·
Stanning for Andi
21,894 Posts
Quite a lot of notable absentees including Hsieh, Latisha Chan, Schuurs and Peschke.

If they are motivated, Kasatkina-Samsonova could be a dangerous team. Daria had some good results in doubles in her early years on tour and Lyuda was a revelation in doubles at the BJK Cup.

But on the whole, these lists seem to be getting weaker and weaker. :(

·
Registered
17,250 Posts
Does AO doubles entry list close before Adelaide and Sydney? I thought the entry usually closes first week of the swing.

·
Registered
12,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Does AO doubles entry list close before Adelaide and Sydney? I thought the entry usually closes first week of the swing.
Actually, the final deadline day was on the 15th of December. :) I was surprised too.

Extremely weird and Covid might be the reason behind it and behind the fact that the Q deadline was also put earlier (with one week).

Sent from my SM-M215F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,909 Posts
When Halep feels comfortable playing doubles in slams and Garcia is willing to stomach Mladenovic for another tense reunion, you just know that 2022 is not going to be a vintage year for women’s doubles.

Krejikova/Sinakova remains the only decent pairing, and even these two are not that great on the doubles court.

·
Registered
12,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
And for people asking about Hsieh (or others), the answer is that she / they will not travel to Australia. End of story. :) Su-wei was even the 1st Alternate to make the AO Singles Main Draw and withdrew, so you get the point.

·
Registered
10,048 Posts
Barty not in the doubles list may mean she is focusing on trying to get that singles title???

Dolehide and Sanders back together again... They were so close to reaching the Wimbledon final last year so hopefully they can have a good run here.

I wonder if they will commit to the whole year together?

Sent from my SM-A525F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,701 Posts
Podoroska is on the list with Haddad-Maia! I really didn't expect it and would have taken her not being on the list as a confirmation that she won't play in Australia, but this is a really good sign.

·
Registered
6,669 Posts

The list in post #1 has rankings dated 13 Dec is not the final list. (... not the same final list posted by dartsrankings.com ... edited)

Ranking date by dartsrankings is 20 Dec. The accepted teams however do not have differences except order changes between the two lists.

The alternate team Kalashnikova / Bondar is now Kalashnikova / Udvardy on the final list.
Font Material property Parallel Screenshot Number

Attachments

·
Registered
6,669 Posts

Extremely weird and Covid might be the reason behind it and behind the fact that the Q deadline was also put earlier (with one week).

I think the AO Q deadline was made one week earlier to be in line with deadlines for the two ITF W60+H events.

·
Registered
12,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
@zsl1010 That which I posted IS the final list.

I respect your work, I respect this guy's work with the website, but let's respect each other. He clearly didn't respect my effort and he seems bitter, but you don't have to be like that.

Look at the part from the factsheet I attached. He wasn't able to find the list in 7 days, because it's not located where the WTA lists are, but after a few hours after I posted it he did it too and he didn't respond to me when I asked him nicely to have at least my "day of glory" and to take it down for 24 hours.

So if you wanna demonstrate that you are not like him, please delete your posts from above...

·
Registered
79,907 Posts
1 - 20 of 148 Posts