Tennis Forum banner

1201 - 1220 of 1336 Posts

·
Registered
32,087 Posts
I can see all the former champions + players like De Minaur. I guess they have to invite Tomljanovic as well.

·
Registered
17,948 Posts
Why do you think that those players should deserve a vaccination so soon? They don’t have essential work so they are the last ones who gets a vaccination.
In Poland many celebrities and businessmen "bought" themselves rights to be vaccined first ans got vaccined secretly. 😂which has been a major news for like second week now. Wondering how that is abroad.

·
Registered
10,818 Posts
Konta and Watson are paired for first week. Second week they are joining Kvitova and (if she gets all clear) Animisova.

·
Registered
5,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,207 (Edited)
Victoria has listed all of Greater Brisbane as a red zone (if you have been there since January 2nd and are now in Victoria, you must get tested and isolate till Monday when further instructions are given). The border has also been closed to anybody who has been there. If there is any spread outside of Brisbane of the UK variant, you can expect all of Queensland to be included in this. The Victorian government is being criticised by the press (basically the only way Murdoch outlets make money these days) but it's basically doing what the Queensland government has asked of it and very similar to what other states have done.

This may well end up having bigger implications for Barty and co. (as well as other players) than expected. I have no doubt that they'll get her and the others to Adelaide and Melbourne, but going to Adelaide might end up being the easier option at this point. Adelaide only requires people from Brisbane to get tested on day 1, 5 and 13 (I think) but does not require them to quarantine or isolate.

·
Registered
419 Posts
In Poland many celebrities and businessmen "bought" themselves rights to be vaccined first ans got vaccined secretly. 😂which has been a major news for like second week now. Wondering how that is abroad.
Look up Marco Rubio, US senator and Covid sceptic and first in line to get jabbed.

Marco Rubio
The Florida senator was criticized after posting a photo of himself getting the COVID-19 vaccine, given, as many were quick to point out, his handling of the pandemic. In addition to flouting public-health guidance — Rubio spoke at massive, mask-free rallies for President Donald Trump’s re-election campaign earlier this year — the 49-year-old senator has also complained that the news media’s pandemic coverage “emphasized bad news even when we had positive developments,” which he tied to “a broader pattern of characterizing everything as bad news Republicans are to be blamed for.”

·
Premium Member
27,553 Posts
Not mind boggling at all. The biggest stars of the 6 are headlining. Not even winning AO so many times can make Djokovic a bigger star in Australia than Nadal. 😏
We all know why 😂 it’s because he isn’t that liked by the general public. It’s hard to warm to him. He definitely puts bums on seats but crowds very rarely cheer for him.

·
Registered
9,401 Posts
And that's what made him a mental giant, feeding off the hate. Wish he didn't try so hard to be liked, and remain the villain.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Why do you think that those players should deserve a vaccination so soon? They don’t have essential work so they are the last ones who gets a vaccination.
I was just informing that person when Australia is receiving our first shipment of vaccinations...

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
Just wondering, assuming we still will have crowds, I wonder whether if the roofs are closed, whether the capacity would be reduced at all.
I thought indoor arena's were more likely to be worse for Covid, than if it was played as an outdoor event. So potentially less people in if the courts with roofs are closed.
Would that make much difference.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Just wondering, assuming we still will have crowds, I wonder whether if the roofs are closed, whether the capacity would be reduced at all.
I thought indoor arena's were more likely to be worse for Covid, than if it was played as an outdoor event. So potentially less people in if the courts with roofs are closed.
Would that make much difference.
I don't think they can do that as the tickets are all sold as allocated seats at the three roofed stadiums (there are no ground passes this year - or they might release some depending on the Covid situation). There would be a lot of unhappy campers if people were not allowed to return to their seats. If the roofs are closed, all ticket holders would congregate to the roofed stadiums.

1201 - 1220 of 1336 Posts