Tennis Forum banner

1181 - 1200 of 1336 Posts

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,181
Lizette Cabrera lives and trains in Brisbane. Maddison Inglis trains in Brisbane too. There is also a bunch of ATP players who train in Brisbane.

I am sure if a lockdown happens they can do the self iso or be given an exemption through TA but its best if they just get out of there asap lol
I think given the low risk situation of QLD she'll be allowed into SA, especially since she'll be tested multiple times I'd imagine.

But yeah, that's wild for the other players. I can't imagine why they wouldn't have relocated already!

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Does anyone know if you get MCA tickets you will have access to the outside courts? The AO website says that JCA is replacing the ground passes but when you look at the zones for each section the outside courts are in the MCA zone?

·
Registered
9,899 Posts
Does anyone know if you get MCA tickets you will have access to the outside courts? The AO website says that JCA is replacing the ground passes but when you look at the zones for each section the outside courts are in the MCA zone?
Correct, MCA has the outside courts.

Methinks they didn't sell many JCA tickets so they're trying to re-brand that zone as the 'authentic' AO experience with entertainment etc to appeal to tennis casuals, but really you get minimal choice in what to watch.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
A little bit off topic - I can‘t find some information on google but how is the vaccine situation in Australia so far?

·
La nuit je mens
87,751 Posts
No surprise but the reactions are not exactly positive about this Adelaide news. Once again, top players getting some weird ass advantage coming out of nowhere.

Who would have thought that out of the 3 last Slams, RG would be the one handling things the best ?

·
Registered
32,086 Posts

Chardy said the Adelaide players can travel with their entire team and that everyone can go out within the 5 hours window (only one team player can go exit the hotel in Melbourne).

They can also use the hotel gym which doesn't count in the 5 hours total.

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
A little bit off topic - I can‘t find some information on google but how is the vaccine situation in Australia so far?
seriously? you don't know how to use google?

Who would have thought that out of the 3 last Slams, RG would be the one handling things the best ?
You just need to google 'France coronavirus' to see what 'the best' seems to indicate...: France Coronavirus: 2,727,321 Cases and 66,841 Deaths - Worldometer . Everything the AO (and Australia) is doing is in line with everything 'infectious disease experts' (from around the world) would recommend. So how can these measures not be 'the best'?

·
Registered
12,330 Posts

·
La nuit je mens
87,751 Posts

You just need to google 'France coronavirus' to see what 'the best' seems to indicate...: France Coronavirus: 2,727,321 Cases and 66,841 Deaths - Worldometer . Everything the AO (and Australia) is doing is in line with everything 'infectious disease experts' (from around the world) would recommend. So how can these measures not be 'the best'?
I was talking about the Slam organisation, not the country.

And let's not compare Australia, a giant island with 25 millions people with France, a country that is 14 times smaller yet 3 times more populous and situated in the middle of a continent with 700 inhabitants. Kinda unfair. They definitely are not fighting the same fight.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
No need to be abusive. When I tried to check the Covid situation in Australia, google didn‘t show many news and also not a current information about a vaccine. Only the fail about UQ-CSL v451 from the middle of December.

1181 - 1200 of 1336 Posts