Tennis Forum banner

801 - 820 of 854 Posts

·
Registered
9,390 Posts
What the fuck?

Thiem is literally one of the nicest and most respectable people on both tours.

Smh, some people here are completely obsessed with race and politics that it completely clouds all aspects of their lives and personalities.

He is neither sexist nor racist.
There's a level of media hostility around Serena that's solely to do with her being black. Thiem only felt comfortable making that remark because of that hostility.
Thiem wouldn't have said what he did about another male player, either.

I said KILL him, Novak.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #803
There's a level of media hostility around Serena that's solely to do with her being black. Thiem only felt comfortable making that remark because of that hostility.
Thiem wouldn't have said what he did about another male player, either.

I said KILL him, Novak.
Yeah, no.
You clearly have no real understanding of what either racism or sexism even mean. I'd suggest brushing up on some definitions before polluting the internet with such ignorance.

Thiem's reputation on tour has been flawless. You are free to dislike him for being a man or for being white, that's on you. However, you can't claim that he's been anything but a good sportsman throughout his career.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Can't say I saw Kenin winning the whole thing. Weird to see Mug fall apart after having put up some very strong performances this tournament (and against the WS in previous finals).

This final, the Barty/Kenin SF, and Serena's past four Slam finals have really underscored a key concept: mental toughness is vital. As underwhelming as I may find Kenin's game (and obnoxious her personality), her mental toughness allows her to play her best tennis in the biggest moments. Her opponents, on the other hand, flopped when it mattered most.

And to think...Serena's path could have been Wang/Jabeur/Kenin/Barty/Mug for the title - certainly feasible. Oh, well - not like anything can be done about it now. Hope she'll be dialed in for the next Slams.

·
Registered
9,390 Posts
Yeah, no.
You clearly have no real understanding of what either racism or sexism even mean. I'd suggest brushing up on some definitions before polluting the internet with such ignorance.

Thiem's reputation on tour has been flawless. You are free to dislike him for being a man or for being white, that's on you. However, you can't claim that he's been anything but a good sportsman throughout his career.
I give zero fucks about what you think about racism.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
As for Thiem, I have no idea if he's racist/sexist, but what I do know is that he made those negative comments about Serena without knowing what the hell he was talking about. That's what put him on my shit list.

Still would have rooted for Novak to win even if he didn't go running his mouth that day.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #807
In his
As for Thiem, I have no idea if he's racist/sexist, but what I do know is that he made those negative comments about Serena without knowing what the hell he was talking about. That's what put him on my shit list.

Still would have rooted for Novak to win even if he didn't go running his mouth that day.
In his defense, he was literally told by "journalists" that Serena herself requested that he be moved into a different room mid-conference because she didn't want to wait.

It was obviously a tactic by the media to stir up some cheap drama and create tension between the two of them when there was none.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
In his

In his defense, he was literally told by "journalists" that Serena herself requested that he be moved into a different room mid-conference because she didn't want to wait.

It was obviously a tactic by the media to stir up some cheap drama and create tension between the two of them when there was none.
Fair point. Can't say I have much love for a lot of the tennis media, either.

·
Registered
84,952 Posts

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
Mug definitely gassed out as well, which contributed to all the UEs and DFs she started making. She also didn't play much last year and had a very tough road to the final.

I want to like Kenin. She does seem like a sweet girl, but good god is she obnoxious and bratty.

In all seriousness, if Godvak doesn't win this will be one of the worst slams in recent memory. At least Serena flopped to likable players. If Thiem wants to win a slam he better grow a pair and do it at RG.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
In his

That whole “bad personality” thing was so silly. People on here were thirsty for some type of feud. There was none.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
84,952 Posts
To call Thiem a racist is far over the top.

·
Premium Member
19,674 Posts

He went straight to the media and called her a "bad personality" without even giving her the benefit of doubt. Then after it was revealed that it was the organizers who asked him to move he never apologized to Serena just said he didn't know if it was here or the organizers but he's "move on". Fuck him and the anybody defending his actions.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
The fangirling for Federer is hilarious. The headlines are 'hobbled' and 'ailing' but was he hobbled when he was this close to winning the first set? He is literally the ONLY player to get that treatment. Its beyond annoying. When Serena rolled her ankle last year it was a literal afterthought in the articles.
I don’t watch Fed as much as the rest of y’all, so I can’t confirm or deny. One example of extreme favoritism in a Fed match that I saw was when he played Kyrgios that time and the crowd was so into it that they kept calling the balls out. It got out of hand and I felt sorry for Nick. Another time, a few of his fans were making excuses when Fed lost at US Open, and folks were saying it was because of the sweltering heat.

He has an overall reputation of being a gentleman though. I admire that he’s got what looks to be a stable home life. Been with the same woman for years, and he didn’t just go and marry a fashion model.

·
Registered
7,006 Posts
Kenin is a major champion. Wow. I cant even know what to say. Womens tennis is in such a weird transitional time. Its like whoever can get hot has a shot at a title. I do miss consistency though.

·
Registered
84,952 Posts
I don’t watch Fed as much as the rest of y’all, so I can’t confirm or deny. One example of extreme favoritism in a Fed match that I saw was when he played Kyrgios that time and the crowd was so into it that they kept calling the balls out. It got out of hand and I felt sorry for Nick. Another time, a few of his fans were making excuses when Fed lost at US Open, and folks were saying it was because of the sweltering heat.

He has an overall reputation of being a gentleman though. I admire that he’s got what looks to be a stable home life. Been with the same woman for years, and he didn’t just go and marry a fashion model.
Federer is the male GOAT on and off court!!!

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Federer is the male GOAT on and off court!!!
Be honest with yourself, Federer is the “people’s champion” but he is not the GOAT. He gets his ass regularly handed to him by Nadal and Djoker and has a losing H2H to both, especially in slam finals. In a few years, the numbers won’t be on his side anyone either and he has no claim to that title. He’s who people and the ATP want the GOAT to be because he’s lilly white and non-confrontational, but he ain’t it. He won like 4 slams in the span of the last decade....

Let’s just say Federer has had a long ass career (even when people try to hold longevity against Serena) and he was fortunate to win the bulk of his slams in the mid-2000s when the ATP was transitioning. The fact that he didn’t win more in the 2010s when no one but Nadal/Djoker/Murray were stepping up is a joke. ATP has been weak af for the last 10 years besides the top 5... he won 4 slams ?

801 - 820 of 854 Posts